Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Department of Commerce Police Officer

Series 0083

Would it be safe to say that this job, and similar jobs (VA Police Officer, etc) are usually closer to security guard than a "typical" police officer position?

That said, as I understand it they ARE federal law enforcement officers (tho apparently no 6c retirement), covered under LEOSA, etc, etc.
    Last edited by tanksoldier; 01-17-2010, 01:36 AM.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

I know nothing about the job. But, even if they are more security oriented, they are closer to being typical police then not being employed in LE at all. Apply to everything you see. Take any job that you can put up with until a better one comes along. Everything is some type of experience to put on a resume. Plus it might be a good gig, Maybe other posters will know. Good Luck.

Comment

When I was with the VA, I never felt like a security guard. I worked at one of the largest (land wise) VA's in the nation. We had a factory, golf course, national cemetery, army facility, a national cemetery, county roadways (we straddled a county line) along with policing the main hospital which was a long term psych facility.

If you think its like being a security guard, then dont apply. Iam sure there are quite a few people who want the job.
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

If you think its like being a security guard, then dont apply.
        Dude, stow the 'tude.

The purpose of asking questions is to gather information. I don't THINK it's like anything... I don't know, hence the question.
        "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

http://www.boulder.nist.gov/security/police.html

Comment

With most 0083 jobs, most are closer to the security guard duties then performing LEO duties. Unless you patrol around your building it's more then likely a patrol zone within a compound.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11519 users online. 279 members and 11240 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X