300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatoneguy88 View Post
    Im type 1 also, j/w in case your BG drops do you keep glucose tabs or something in your pocket?
    Yeah, I also keep a soda in my car. My Endocrinologist and I have worked it so that while I am on shift to keep my BG around 200 mg/dl for a buffer. That way I can go my entire shift without having to worry about eating IF i needed to. So come meal time I shave off one unit of Humalog to keep my numbers around 200. I have never had to worry about a sudden drop in high speed situations since when your sympathetic nervous system kicks in it also releases you glycogen reserves and raises your BG for a while.

With the 200mg/dl it only goes up to about 300 mg/dl for about an hour and will drop back down below 200 mg/dl on it's own.

It has been about 4 years since my last severe low BG so according to what L-1 posted I SHOULD have only an 8% chance of getting one while on duty.

Comment

1811 Medical Standards

The link is to the TIGTA medical standards guide for 1811s. Agencies vary a little, but it's a good guide.

Good Luck

http://www.treas.gov/tigta/oi/medica...ds-gs-1811.pdf
      "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

Originally posted by Scout0315 View Post
        The link is to the TIGTA medical standards guide for 1811s. Agencies vary a little, but it's a good guide.

Good Luck

http://www.treas.gov/tigta/oi/medica...ds-gs-1811.pdf
        Thanks for the link. Both this link and L-1's link, however, do not mention anything about gout; so I am beginning to think that I might be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
          Yeah, I also keep a soda in my car. My Endocrinologist and I have worked it so that while I am on shift to keep my BG around 200 mg/dl for a buffer. That way I can go my entire shift without having to worry about eating IF i needed to. So come meal time I shave off one unit of Humalog to keep my numbers around 200. I have never had to worry about a sudden drop in high speed situations since when your sympathetic nervous system kicks in it also releases you glycogen reserves and raises your BG for a while.

With the 200mg/dl it only goes up to about 300 mg/dl for about an hour and will drop back down below 200 mg/dl on it's own.

It has been about 4 years since my last severe low BG so according to what L-1 posted I SHOULD have only an 8% chance of getting one while on duty.

WOW that is high I never really let mine go over 125, if it was 200-300 id have no energy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8829 users online. 216 members and 8613 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X