Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebonekracker
    replied
    I didn't get the email. Since I am a 10 point veteran but didn't get the email, I'm guessing I ranked pretty low and still didn't get looked at.

Bummer.

Leave a comment:

• M1k3
    replied
    Nothing here but I called. The lady said that if you didn't get the email from last Thursday it's because your not a vet and your application didn't get looked at. They only made a list of vets and would select from there for the 3 spots.

On a positive note I spoke to an HHS agent a couple of weeks ago and told me that HHS OIG would be recruiting more agents soon. Considering the recently approved Healthcare Reform this might be the right moment for recruiting.

Leave a comment:

• thebonekracker
    replied
    Has anyone received their NOR yet?

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by ATL View Post
    1,O00 Applicants for this job opening?!! Is that normal for 1811 job listings?
    Uh...yes. Tight job market....lots of folks getting out of the military that have 4 year degrees....some with masters...

College folks graduating with advanced degrees that quailfy them for positions like this.....

Folks that have degrees but were doing other things....and now wanting play FLEO before they hit the magic age..... and to have a steady job....

Lots of local cops with degrees wanting to step up into the Fed Level after doing the local thing....

Yeah...ALL 1811 jobs are very tough to get.....

Leave a comment:

• ATL
    replied
    1,O00 Applicants for this job opening?!! Is that normal for 1811 job listings?

Leave a comment:

• M1k3
    replied
    No NOR yet....

Leave a comment:

replied
    depends if it flew merit only, then one list and vets preference doesn't mean squat. if they flew it to DEU (open to public) as well they would have a second list. the SO can select from one list both or either or, he just bypass a vet on the DEU list, so if you are below a vet on the DEU list you are done. Merit is better once you get in.

Leave a comment:

• STL
    replied
    Yeah if we're talking about the same person, she isn't very helpful. But I'll be fair and say that she's probably getting killed with phone calls and tons of questions. As far as two lists. Normally they only have one list. Of course the guys with the highest scores go to the top. Most of the time it's the 10pt vets. If they have a high raw score + their 10 pts. Then the rest of us round out the list. I think in this case, this list only has the top vets on it. I don't believe there are two list. I'm a prior fed and I know a little about this and I don't ever recall there ever being two lists. But I'm not a federal H.R. rep so I could be wrong. They had 3 locations open- MIA/SJU/PHX one position for each location. So a total of 3 positions. I'm just curious to see my NOR's.

Leave a comment:

• M1k3
    replied
    I remember seeing 3 positions. So do they make two lists? One for vets and one for non-vets and hire evenly from both or can all 3 spots be filled by the best 3 vets?

Leave a comment:

• OKcop1
    replied
    Originally posted by STL View Post
    Dude it's no biggie! I'm not sure what's going on with the NOR'S. SHe was saying that they are so back logged because of the number of apps. I'm not surprised either. But dude if you really want to know just hit the jack and give them a call. Good Luck to you.
    I just finally got through to HR. She didn't say much, but that the list of eligibles for veterans was sent to the hiring official. I could hardly understand her, but it sounded like only the top rated Vet was being submitted for the one position. Anyway, she said we all should receive something soon.

Leave a comment:

• STL
    replied
    Dude it's no biggie! I'm not sure what's going on with the NOR'S. SHe was saying that they are so back logged because of the number of apps. I'm not surprised either. But dude if you really want to know just hit the jack and give them a call. Good Luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• M1k3
    replied
    Sorry to hear that. I haven't called cuz I've decided to wait for the NOR in the mail.

Anyone received anything yet?

Leave a comment:

• STL
    replied
    I applied to MIA, PHX, and SJU. I spoke with the H.R. rep this morning and I wasn't reffered to the selecting offical at this time. Oh well I'm done! Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Leave a comment:

replied
    he was hired recently. I hear they will be huge push as they got some $$$ for new SA hires to increase their ranks.

Leave a comment:

• M1k3
    replied
    That's great. I would yield my spot to vet anytime. I'm considering joining myself. It's nice to know there is movement.

What office did you apply to? If you don't mind me asking.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8056 users online. 265 members and 7791 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X