300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hhs-oig 1811

Has anyone seen any movement regarding the recent announcement that closed on 01/08/2010 for GS-5/7? I’ve heard they move really fast.

Are there any HHS OIG 1811s on this board that can offer some light as to how long is the process for HHS OIG and what the chances of getting the job are if your not currently an 1811 or fed employee?

Any info will be much appreciated.

Any one here applied to this vacancy?

Comment

I applied for the vacancy in Phoenix.... haven't heard anything

Comment

I applied for all 3 locations but haven't heard anything either... I do hope the announcement is not cancelled.

Comment

I have seen people get hired by HHS-OIG who had no LE experience, but who had worked in the medical field and were familiar with medical billing and record keeping. Reviewing those kinds of documents and investigating fraud related to medical billing is a hefty portion of the job, so that kind of experience would be a definite plus.
          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

I actually work in Regulatory Compliance at a Medicare Advantage plan and have more than 4 years of experience in the industry including identification of healthcare fraud. However, I keep thinking that they will prefer a former 1811 anytime just to save on CITP.

Comment

However, I keep thinking that they will prefer a former 1811 anytime just to save on CITP.
              I would be surprised if HHS-OIG had not already budgeted CITP before they issued the vacancy announcement. So any savings they realize from hiring someone who is already an 1811 would be a "nice-to-have", not a "need-to-have," if you take my meaning.

Agencies that go out of their way to hire an 1811 so they can avoid CITP do so usually because they want someone ASAP, to fill an unexpected void when someone leaves and work is piling up. Not so much to save money. And for that to happen, you're usually talking about a slot that covers a huge area, meaning it's a senior investigator, so they'd probably want a current 1811, anyway (a single-agent duty station isn't necessarily the best training grounds for people brand new to LE). That's just been my experience.

With the experience you have, I think you have a better than average chance.
              "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Thanks... hopefully your right.

Comment

I applied for two of the locations - can't wait to here some info so I'm sure I'll be monitoring this thread. Haven't heard anything myself.

Comment

They do move fairly fast. I've seen a guy who had an interview who heard back two days later he got the job and HHS ask what date was best for him and he EoD about 50 days later to date of offer. He was a current uniformed fed le with no citp or healthcare experience.

Comment

That sounds great. Did your friend get hired recently?
                      Maybe they are working differently now. I have still not heard anything about the most recent announcement, it has been 2 1/2 months now.

Considering they move fast I'm starting to think maybe they will not hire or they already did or I'm an inpatient applicant.

Don't know which of the three is a better possibility.

Comment

FYI....The vacancy contact emailed me this morning that the NOR/Rating was mailed out on Thursday (03/11).

Regards,
                        GatorFutureSA

DEA 1811 (June 2012):
                        Applied - 06/2012

FBI 1811 (August 2012):
                        Applied - 08/2012
                        Phase I - 09/2012
                        M & G - Pending

CBPO (Sept 2011):
                        Applied - 09/2011
                        Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
                        VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
                        Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
                        PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
                        BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

ICE 1811 (June 2011):
                        Applied - 06/2011
                        Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

Comment

Hey Guys,

I called this afternoon and spoke with the HR rep. and she asked if I were a vet. ( which I am ) and she said they were working a list only for vets. She also said that they had over a thousand apps. for this position I'm not sure if she serious about that number but that what she said. I have yet to get my notice of results ( but I'm a 5 pointer ) so I doubt if I even made the list! But she wasn't able to look me up because their system was down. I'm sure you guys are aware that there was only one opening in each location. So the deck is stacked. Trust me I'm not trying to be a bearer of bad news, but man it's going to be hard to pull this one in. Anyway she said they were working that vet list and they had thousands of apps. So good luck to you guys!

Comment

That's great. I would yield my spot to vet anytime. I'm considering joining myself. It's nice to know there is movement.

What office did you apply to? If you don't mind me asking.

Comment

he was hired recently. I hear they will be huge push as they got some $$$ for new SA hires to increase their ranks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13342 users online. 485 members and 12857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X