Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Question

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Last edited by soflafed; 10-31-2011, 03:04 AM.

hmm..I don't know what your reasons would be for going private when your already established in the federal arena, that is a tough decision. I think you could end up regretting leaving the job security of a federal agency and jumping into the private sector.

Good luck with what you decide!

Comment

I normally leave it up to people to make their own decisions, but I feel that I must be insistent,

Do not leave your Fed job for a private gig, you will kick yourself in the butt later on!

Comment

/threadjack/

UOB, what do you do? Sounds like a great gig. Still, no doubt, Uncle Sam has some great benefits.

Comment

Lllllllllllllll
          Last edited by soflafed; 10-31-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Don't leave your fed job. It will be much easier to pick up another fed job as a transfer than from the private sector. Not to mention, some recruitment offices may look at your leaving as "chasing the paycheck" and could be frowned upon. Although, I have heard horror stories about USSS management so depending on what your reasons are for leaving might be worth it to save your sanity. Good luck brother but whatever you decide, be safe.

Leo

Comment

Aren't most private gigs contract work? At least if you have a Fed job you have job stability and don't have to look for new work in a year.
              NYPD

Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
              Medical: TBD
              Psych Exam: TBD
              Oral Psych: TBD
              Meet BI: TBD
              JST: TBD
              Mini-Medical: TBD

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
                Last edited by soflafed; 10-31-2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soflafed View Post
                  You hit the nail on the head!! I love LE and miss being a real investigator. The security and the salary of the fed job would be tough to give up. Comming from a state investigative agency, the money with this job is ridiculous. My begining salary was more than my SAC at my old job.
                  USSS management aside. You had to know that protection was job one at the service.

I don't know what the regs are about leaving and coming back, but if you can stick it out, then you should. Less headaches later.

Just my 2 cents.
                  They Don’t Think It Be Like It Is, But It Do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19530 users online. 516 members and 19014 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X