300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feds and the Army Reserve?

I've heard two stories to this from different people, and haven't found anything online that says one or the other. But can I be in the Army reserves AND work for the feds (Marshal or DEA preferred)? After finishing ROTC I'll have to serve my commitment but I only want to do a few years active, and the rest reserve. Then I'd like to apply to the feds while fulfilling my commitment to the Army.

Do they require me to come with "no strings attached?"

Originally posted by Zach Smith View Post
    I've heard two stories to this from different people, and haven't found anything online that says one or the other. But can I be in the Army reserves AND work for the feds (Marshal or DEA preferred)? After finishing ROTC I'll have to serve my commitment but I only want to do a few years active, and the rest reserve. Then I'd like to apply to the feds while fulfilling my commitment to the Army.

Do they require me to come with "no strings attached?"

I'm not sure about the DEA but I do know that the USMS do allow you to be in a military reserve component.

Comment

I know people in both the USMS and the DEA that are reservists. You won't have a problem.

Comment

Excellent. Thank you.

Comment

Some do, some don't. USSS is one that doesn't.
          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
            Some do, some don't. USSS is one that doesn't.
            USSS and FBI are the only ones I know about. There are some reservists at my place (ICE).
            Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEAGENT View Post
              USSS and FBI are the only ones I know about. There are some reservists at my place (ICE).
              There is an FBI Agent in my reserve unit. He doesn't get paid for being there unless he takes military leave though. He was actually deployed for a while up until about 3 months ago.
              Big Brother is watching

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead_FBI_SA View Post
                There is an FBI Agent in my reserve unit. He doesn't get paid for being there unless he takes military leave though. He was actually deployed for a while up until about 3 months ago.
                Wow - I stand corrected. My USSS buddy claims that FBI and USSS are designated national security essential and get an automatic discharge from reserve duty upon appointment. I guess he is BSing.
                Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

The USSS special agent position is designated as a "key position" in accordance with Department of Defense Directive 1200.7.

Key Position: A Federal position that shall not be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without SERIOUSLY impairing the capability of the parent Federal Agency or office to function effectively. The four categories of Federal key positions are set out below. The first three categories are, by definition, key positions. However, the third category, Article III Judges, provides for exceptions on a case-by-case basis. The fourth category requires a case-by-case determination and designation as described below.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10030 users online. 290 members and 9740 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X