300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DDixon1000 View Post
    Spoke to a recruiter today and he said you do have to sign a mobility agreement, he said training is in Quantico Virginia, he said you must be willing to accept assignment anywhere in the U.S. per needs of the agency. He said they routinely get people who apply, accept, then quit because they are shipped across country and don't get to stay close to home.

Did the recruiter say when you are told where you are assigned? For example, FBI SA's find out during the academy.

Do you find out your assignment before you go to Quantico?

Comment

He said it's based on agency need and you usually find out during the academy. He also said that you will most likely be required to move several times during your career according to agency needs. He also said that it is a full investigator position and not a support position but it is not a LEO spot. He said you get no gun, no badge, and no arrest authority. He said you investigate then refer for criminal or administrative sanctions. He also said they are looking for folks who are willing to stay and are not looking for a foot in the door to SA positions. He said that is why they are accepting the first 400 "minimally" qualified applicants. He said they want entry level applicants they can train who want to stay in the same position and move into gs-13 later on.

Comment

anyone hear anything back yet that applied?

Comment

No word yet for me, I wonder if the process will be short and quick or drawn out until the planned class in November(i think that is what I read)...

Comment

ya, they probably will start processing people in March or so, because the entire process takes a while, if its anything like the process with the DEA as an 1811. I've been in the process since March 09

Comment

Any news?

Has anyone heard anything in regards to this opening as of late?

Comment

Originally posted by catabolic View Post
                Has anyone heard anything in regards to this opening as of late?
                Not yet.

Comment

negative.....

Comment

me neither. I just had my PTT for the SA position today (and passed, thank God). I asked my recruiter about it and he said that he didn't handle the hiring of DI's, only DI's hired each other, and SA's hired each other, and so on and so forth.

Comment

If you applied to the status announcement you might want to check your status. They have made decisions on who will be referred to the selecting officials.

Comment

Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
                        If you applied to the status announcement you might want to check your status. They have made decisions on who will be referred to the selecting officials.
                        By "status" do you mean people that work for the federal government already? I just checked mine and it says "Complete - Tentatively Passed Basic Qualifications" and "No selection made".

Comment

Originally posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
                          By "status" do you mean people that work for the federal government already? I just checked mine and it says "Complete - Tentatively Passed Basic Qualifications" and "No selection made".
                          Correct. There was two different announcements. One open to the public and one for status candidates. My status changed for the status announcement but for the regular it just states that I passed the basic qualifications.

Comment

I read the same thing as UAGoalieGuy... hopefully it means we can start the process soon, if they are already selecting status candidates... who knows though

Comment

Check your status, it should state if you were referred to the selecting Official.

Comment

grrr...can't remember my login info for avenue!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11643 users online. 512 members and 11131 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X