X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edmonton, Alberta police recruiting in US

http://www.joineps.ca/NewsAndEvents/...ecruiting.aspx
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Triple time for holidays? Goodness. I thought I had it good working mid's on the holidays.

Comment

Not bad salaries, either...

1st Year Constable $49,973
      2nd Year Constable $52,956
      3rd Year Constable $61,906
      4th Year Constable $67,873
      5th Year Constable $74,586
      Sr. Constable, Level I
      (8 Years Complete) $79,807
      Sr. Constable, Level II
      (11 Years Complete) $81,299
      Sergeant/Detective $89,503
      Staff Sergeant $98,454

Comment

The should go to Detroit and recruit. Michigan has fallen on rough times. Still I think it will be harder than they think to convince Americans to move to Canada.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

It would be fun as hell being an "immigrant"

I would be flying my American Flag and I would demand a day off from work for Presidents Day I would bring all of my American traditions and customs with me to Canada. All the ladies would absolutely love my black midwestern accent.

me: "I'm an immigrant, what you don't recognize my accent, I'm from Kansas!!!!!!"
          What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

The salaries are in Canadian dollars, but it still comes out to be pretty decent...although cost of living in Canada seems to be in the upper category.

What really caught my eye was the statement about after then academy, the recruit joins the regular patrol schedule, 4 on 4 off. And double time for regular overtime...not bad, however I don't think I could get over the fact of living so near the North Pole.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
              I rather live in Iraq than Detroit...and I am serious.

That city is a hole, just blow it up and start over...I would be up for giving the entire state to Canada...I doubt they would take it.
              That's awfully harsh and uncalled for. If you discount the past 10 years, the state of Michigan has brought plenty to the rest of the nation. Also, even in their current terrible economic state, they manage to be in the lower quartile of federal spending per taxes collected. In the 80s and 90s Michigan was among the top earners per federal dollars spent. The state has been run into the ground by the political leadership this decade, and on top of it their economic strengths have collapsed, but they aren't to be given up on.

Comment

Originally posted by FedHopeful11 View Post
                That's awfully harsh and uncalled for.
                It might be harsh, but not uncalled for. Statistically speaking Michigan is more dangerous than Iraq. Michigan ranked No. 10 in the most dangerous states in the US and it is home to two of the most dangerous cities in America, according to the 2008 CQ Press city rankings. Detroit ranks third and Flint ranks sixth.

If you're working in Michigan as an LE, I hope you do some good and turn things around there.

Comment

Originally posted by NousDefions794 View Post
                  It might be harsh, but not uncalled for. Statistically speaking Michigan is more dangerous than Iraq. Michigan ranked No. 10 in the most dangerous states in the US and it is home to two of the most dangerous cities in America, according to the 2008 CQ Press city rankings. Detroit ranks third and Flint ranks sixth.

If you're working in Michigan as an LE, I hope you do some good and turn things around there.
                  That may very well be true. I probably should have been more specific in that I thought his complete dismissal of Michigan as worthwhile was uncalled for. I don't even live in Michigan actually, but I definitely don't think that dismissing a state like that should ever be done, even in jest. I know there are plenty of fine people who are putting all their strength into that recovery effort.

Comment

Hey...CA is not much better

I was being sarcastic a little on Michigan but Detroit is a dump, if you never been there take a trip and walk around...its that bad

Let me guess, all of Michigan's problems are because of George Bush...he gets the blame for everything.
                    Haha oh I agree about California. And I grew up in Detroit, and visit every now and again. I know it's bad, I just know that people are trying to change that. And I'm not a Bush-basher like that, but you can bet most people would blame him. Regardless, didn't mean to take the thread off course. I guess I still have a soft spot for the Rust Belt.

Comment

I was being sarcastic a little on Michigan but Detroit is a dump, if you never been there take a trip and walk around...
                      Walk around?!?!?!?!

I didn't even get out of my car the whole time I was there and I was still scared silly.

The city is the biggest crap hole in this country. People in East St. Louis and Gary, Indiana don't know how nice they have it.
                      What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Up on Base... Where in PA if I may ask??
                        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by AvgJoe View Post
                          however I don't think I could get over the fact of living so near the North Pole.

Shizzzzeee! Hell for me it would mean warmer weather!
                          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            It would be fun as hell being an "immigrant"

I would be flying my American Flag and I would demand a day off from work for Presidents Day I would bring all of my American traditions and customs with me to Canada. All the ladies would absolutely love my black midwestern accent.

me: "I'm an immigrant, what you don't recognize my accent, I'm from Kansas!!!!!!"
                            LOL great post 2 thumbs up would read again!

Comment

They have a specialized Foot Patrol division..........heck yeah....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18390 users online. 477 members and 17913 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X