Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice, please!

Greetings all,
    Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully helping me out. I graduated Temple University last May (2008) with a degree in Criminal Justice. It is now October 09, and I am still working 2 part time jobs at youth detention centers. I have applied for the PA State Police but felt it wasn't a good fit. I have contemplated going back to school to get my masters, or put myself through an Academy to get my 120. Both of which cost money. I can't quit these jobs because they are my only income. I am becoming fed up with applying to jobs and hearing nothing back( I know I'm not the only one). I am just lost because I'm trying to advance my life and career and nobody is giving me a chance. I'm young and I don't really know what I want to do within the CJ field. I have considered becoming a corrections officer at a county jail just to get a steady pay check and benefits for the time being.
    If anyone out there can offer some advice in terms of keeping focused and not getting discouraged, or how you found your niche within this field it would be most appreciated.

Thank You in advance,
    Andrew

I was in the same boat 1 1/2 ago. I applied to a lot of places in the private sector ( Insurance Investigator for example), municipal, state and federal government. It is frustrating becuase with law enforcement in any branch of government there is no quick return date. I graduated in August 2007 and in December 2007 I had two jobs offers (Border Patrol and my current agency) as well as registered for a local police academy. Just apply for everything, which I am sure you already are and something will come up. Look at BOP.

Comment

You live less than an hour for Philly, apply for CBP. You meet the qualifications and all the training is paid. They are always hiring and we just got our GS12s.... you will make more than any other LE job in PA. Its not the most exciting job in the world, but in 4 years you will be making $100K+ with a little overtime.
      Last edited by gms632; 10-27-2009, 08:50 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4040 users online. 217 members and 3823 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X