300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMS lateral transfers

Does the Marshals ever open up a lateral transfer from other 1811 positions? Or do they only do FCIP?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by IowaDPTY View Post
    Does the Marshals ever open up a lateral transfer from other 1811 positions? Or do they only do FCIP?

Thanks in advance!
    Yes they do, but from what I understand it doesnt happen too often. There is a continuous announcement on usajobs for displaced DOJ 1811's.

Comment

I never knew they accepted laterals. Wow!

Comment

It is very rare. I've known of only two since I've been there. With FCIP I don't think you'll see too many more if any. I think the lateral announcements may be open for those 1811 from other agencies that are on a USMS Task Force.

Comment

So basically the only way into the USMS is through the FCIP?

I wasn't looking for any sort of back door or anything, it's just that from reading the threads on the FCIP process, it seems very unusual. Why not just have a regular hiring process that is announced on USAJOBs like everyone else? Why make it so getting an invite to an info session is like winning the lottery?
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

I have no idea......I agree with you. The only thing I can think of is that with a nationwide vacancy, it would take longer than getting people to come to the sessions. Where I agree that some that may have been qualified for the job and were hosed, I'm going to say it is a timing issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
              Why not just have a regular hiring process that is announced on USAJOBs like everyone else? Why make it so getting an invite to an info session is like winning the lottery?
              ICE does the same thing. The entry level process is not announced on usajobs, you have to send a resume and wait to be contacted about the test. ICE does announce the lateral hiring on usajobs however.
              Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3334 users online. 168 members and 3166 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X