300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airforce Security Forces

I have read numerous threads of various people asking about either getting a degree or going into the military. I'm currently 25 and just finished my degree in Criminal Justice. Had I known then what I know now, I would have probably gotten a degree in a more 'concrete' field.

So at this point in my life, I am seriously contemplating going into the military for the experience. I figured I can go in, get in the best shape of my life, serve my 4 years, then come out with great experience and ready to jump into a federal LEO job.

One area I'm particularly interested in is with the Airforce as part of their Security Forces. I have read their brochure and put in a request for more info. I wanted to know if anyone has any first hand accounts and experience as a member of the Air Force Security Force? Thanks in advance!

There are a 100 treads on here about AF Security Forces..... My advice is to search the threads then ask any questions that you might have.....

Comment

IMO, if you've got your eye on an 'exclusive' 1811 federal agency, you'd better go the officer route.

Comment

If you are thinking about joining the military and specifically the USAF, then you should consider joining the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI also known as OSI). They are federal agents. They train at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). The agents are predominately active duty, either enlisted or officer. If you already have a four year degree you may want to consider becoming an officer. However, more than likely OSI will have more enlisted slots. Check wikipedia for AFOSI.

That being said, OSI does have civilian special agent slots.

Maybe your local USAF recruiter may know more...use caution.
        AMTG

Comment

Search the prior threads and if you have questions after that, go ahead and PM.
          For every one hundred men you send us,
          Ten should not even be here.
          Eighty are nothing but targets.
          Nine of them are real fighters;
          We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
          Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
          And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Originally posted by tmartinez91084 View Post
            I have read numerous threads of various people asking about either getting a degree or going into the military. I'm currently 25 and just finished my degree in Criminal Justice. Had I known then what I know now, I would have probably gotten a degree in a more 'concrete' field.

So at this point in my life, I am seriously contemplating going into the military for the experience. I figured I can go in, get in the best shape of my life, serve my 4 years, then come out with great experience and ready to jump into a federal LEO job.

One area I'm particularly interested in is with the Airforce as part of their Security Forces. I have read their brochure and put in a request for more info. I wanted to know if anyone has any first hand accounts and experience as a member of the Air Force Security Force? Thanks in advance!
            First of all, I'd say that going into the military (any branch) is a GREAT choice for anyone! I was in the USAF as a Security Policeman (before the name change to Security Forces), I've been a local cop and I'm now a Fed LEO. Secondly, If you're going to join the military and you have a degree, you'd be insane to NOT go as an officer. In my humble opinion - If you have your heart set on doing "police" stuff - Go into OSI, NOT Security Forces!

Comment

How do you apply for an OSI job? i have considered something of this nature myself.

Comment

One way is you can enlist in the U.S. Air Force...Aim High.

Comment

Or join the ranks of the Department of the Air Force civilian police officer program! You can serve and protect whilst still being an Air Force of One and Being as High Aiming as you can BE!

Yes, that's right folks. Sign up ow, because the slots are filling fast! Officers employed by the air Force enjoy a wide range of potential job opportunities such as manning entry control points, vehicle searches, ID checks, and of course, experiencing every kind of weather nature has to offer!

If one is really lucky and above the mold, one might even get assigned to patrol after a few years in a static position.

I mean Federal Police Officer............

hahahahaha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3354 users online. 163 members and 3191 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X