Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek44
    replied
    If you want to stay in the midwest St. Louis County Police Department has a full-time TACT team.

Leave a comment:

• k91king3
    replied
    NYPD does but, they also cover a variety of calls and they are called ESU. I think San Fran. PD, MPD (DC), Chicago, Pretty much all of the large and major Urban Metropolitan areas I believe have full time teams.

Leave a comment:

• lauderdalehawk4
    replied
    Miami Dade has a full time team

Leave a comment:

• ThomasMagnum
    started a topic Full Time SWAT Teams

Full Time SWAT Teams

Hello all,

I am a law enforcement officer with a little over 4 years experience and 1.5 years assigned to my departments SWAT team. During my time with this department and serving on my team, I have developed a real passion for SWAT and tactical operations. Having said that, despite the fact that the population of the city where I am employed exceeds 100,000 people, my department's team is part time (16-20 hours per month training). I am considering leaving this department in the next year or two to gain employment with a department that has a full time team. While I realize there are no guarrantees and competition for full times slots can be intense, I am willing to take a chance to pursue what I enjoy. With all that said, aside from the obvious cities like LA, Dallas, or Phoenix, what other cities have full time SWAT/SRT type teams?

Thanks in advance and know your contribution to this thread is much appreciated.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2029 users online. 164 members and 1865 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X