300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol Info

I am ignorant on this subject. Where can I find if they are hiring border patrol officers? I assumed they hire frequently. I looked on USAJOBS.com but all I saw was specialty jobs with the border patrol. I am a police officer in IL and need to get somewhere I can work interstate or traffic. I have been thinking about border patrol lately. Thought it would be an active position. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys! BE SAFE!!

There is no active border patrol vacancy announcement. They have about 20,000 applicants right now for SB and NB positions. The last announcement was a couple months ago. Some are saying it might be 2012 before there is another announcement. It may be sooner, it may be later but they have to get through all the people in TSU and other parts of the hiring process before they have a new announcement. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jpbklb View Post
      I am ignorant on this subject. Where can I find if they are hiring border patrol officers? I assumed they hire frequently. I looked on USAJOBS.com but all I saw was specialty jobs with the border patrol. I am a police officer in IL and need to get somewhere I can work interstate or traffic. I have been thinking about border patrol lately. Thought it would be an active position. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks guys! BE SAFE!!
      You won't find Border Patrol Officers anywhere. There are Border Patrol Agents and Customs and Border Protection Officers. Neither of which will you be working much interstate or traffic.

Comment

The California highway patrol works interstate traffic 24/7. And they are one of the few jobs hiring nowadays that I know of. Great pay and fantastic retirement. The USBP is not accepting applications at this time and may not for quite a while under the current political leadership.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I know the Border Patrol wouldnt be doin interstate traffic writing tickets. Thats just one of the things I like. Its easy.lol

Comment

That might be easy, but can you watch a car pass you at 70 mph and guess what kind of dope will be in the compartment?

Comment

I have to throw in my opinion. True, the Border Patrol isn't currently hiring, but we DO work the interstates. At least in Tucson Sector. We don't write speeding tickets, but I've probably had more high-speed pursuits (driving either a Dodge Charger or Crown Vic Police Interceptor) than most highway patrol or sheriff's deputies in my area.

I'm just sayin'.....

Comment

I work the highway almost everyday. However, most agents do not and some never will. I don't think any of us work traffic, anywhere besides the occassional DUI.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2897 users online. 154 members and 2743 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X