X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• javsvt
    started a topic Help!!

Help!!

Question, im filling out a application, and for the present employer it asks if I have a problem with the investigator contacting them. Dont have any issues with my current employer but just dont want them to know im looking at other opportunities. Any advise???

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Originally posted by javsvt View Post
    I got a contingent offer but I guess that doesnt count. OK, i'll put down "NO", thanx guys.
    I got a contigent offer when i got hired with my dept, and my answer didnt change, it was still "NO" to contacting previous employer until I could start getting a paycheck from them. LOL

Leave a comment:

• javsvt
    replied
    I got a contingent offer but I guess that doesnt count. OK, i'll put down "NO", thanx guys.

Leave a comment:

• DARE_SUPPORTER
    replied
    Same as already posted.

When I go through what you are going through, I note/mark do not contact present employer until recieving an offer of employment.

Leave a comment:

• options open
    replied
    yeah don't sweat it, its perfectly normal to ask them not to contact your current job, i did and i just had to fill out a form that asked why. I just wrote that i didn't want them to know i was considering other employment. no biggie.

Leave a comment:

• siggyfreud
    replied
    Originally posted by javsvt View Post
    Question, im filling out a application, and for the present employer it asks if I have a problem with the investigator contacting them. Dont have any issues with my current employer but just dont want them to know im looking at other opportunities. Any advise???
    On many apps you can ask that they contact you first. I did that on a past job, as I had left the country for four months to study abroad, and by the time I returned everyone I had worked with was gone minus the owner who I never met as he outsourced his managment.

Leave a comment:

• mustanginky
    replied
    i have asked a few agencies not to contact until i receive a conditional offer of employment for that exact reason, and they've been cool with it. one BI didn't know i asked not to though, so i got called into the office for a talk with my supervisors. they just kinda laughed though because they know i'm more LEO oriented than Offender rehab oriented.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10758 users online. 445 members and 10313 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X