Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIA - Security Protective Service (New Thread)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I just applied for this too. I have my B.A in CJ, graduated from the police academy and have some experience at my county's animal control department. I'm not sure if this makes for a "competitive" enough applicant to make their cut, but i'm hoping so. Good luck to those who applied for this!
    I'm your Huckleberry

Comment

Hey, Bro Whats Good Man. Im Glad I Got The Chance To Talk To Someone About This Job. I Just Recently Graduated From Fairfax Criminal Justice Academy And Wanted To Know If They Will Take Me As A Lateral Transfer I Really Dont Like Working With The Sheriff's. Im In Jail All The Time Bro. I Feel Like My 7 Mounth Hard Training In Le Is Going Down The Drain Can You Help Me In Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LIGHTWEIGHTBABY View Post
        And Wanted To Know If They Will Take Me As A Lateral Transfer.
        If you got hired on, you would have to go through FLETC Uniformed Police Training Program (UPTP)......

Comment

Anyone hear back yet?

Comment

If they heard back they wouldn't (and shouldn't) tell ya ..

Comment

Originally posted by formerusssnusmc View Post
              If they heard back they wouldn't (and shouldn't) tell ya ..
              yea come on wolf... it says "don't talk about this" right in the job announcement!!

Comment

Originally posted by jb5722
                Can anyone provide any information on FERS Special Category retirement? I've looked all over the internet and I can't find any description of it. Specifically i'm interested in the benefit calculation formula (ie 20 years x 1.7 percent + 1% x however many years past 20).
                What specific info are you looking for? The formula you quoted is correct for covered law enforcement positions under FERS. You get 34% of your high 3 average salary after 20 years of covered service and then 1% per year thereafter. So, if you do 26 years in a covered position you would retire with 40% of your high 3 average salary. Not as good as the old CSRS retirement, but still better than nothing. FERS is a 3 tiered system, which includes the retirement pension, TSP and social security supplement.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8483 users online. 344 members and 8139 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X