Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIA - Security Protective Service (New Thread)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA - Security Protective Service (New Thread)

Removed Original Post
    Last edited by ThinBlueLEO; 11-24-2010, 05:39 PM.

thanks for the INFO!!!!

Comment

Great. Thanks Leo.

Comment

Great info.....thanks. I have applied myself and am wondering what exactly what do they prefer in an applicant in terms of college, military or both? Also for those who have applied, did you guys receive a conformation in your email after you finished you initial application?

Comment

They primarily look for a 4 year degree in Criminology, CJ, Psych and other degrees along those lines. However, a degree is not required and they will accept relevant military or private sector experience (i.e. LEO, armed security) and in some cases certain types of customer service holds a lot of weight.

You usually won't hear anything upon completing the initial application unless you are being considered for the position. Hundreds of resumes come in daily and it also depends on if they are hiring in a specific region of the country. However, they are always looks for local applicants.

I hope this helps.

Leo

Comment

Cia

Leo,

Sent you a PM.

Comment

Last edited by Dragoon; 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Protective Agent (PA) is primarily force protection or personal protection for government employees overseas. That's the short answer but it does sum it up. Unless you have a specific question that is pretty much what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean27 View Post
                  Great info.....thanks. I have applied myself and am wondering what exactly what do they prefer in an applicant in terms of college, military or both? Also for those who have applied, did you guys receive a conformation in your email after you finished you initial application?
                  you'll receive an email inviting you to take the two pre-employment assessment tests (The Hogan and Cognitive Ability Measurement) online. if you pass that then you'll receive an email inviting you down to the D.C. area for an interview/information session.

Comment

Originally posted by the215 View Post
                    you'll receive an email inviting you to take the two pre-employment assessment tests (The Hogan and Cognitive Ability Measurement) online. if you pass that then you'll receive an email inviting you down to the D.C. area for an interview/information session.
                    It states on the site that if the timeline exceeds 40 days then you will not be contacted(or something to that affect), Is this the case or should I just keep applying every few months or just not bother?
                    Last edited by Dean27; 10-28-2009, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean27 View Post
                      It states on the site that if the timeline exceeds 40 days then you will not be contacted(or something to that affect), Is this the case or should I just keep applying every few months or just not bother?
                      humm..... i have the email of when they first contacted me, i just dont remember exactly when i applied before that. i want to say that it was fairly quickly...within a period of a month.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to this site, but I see that it provides a great source of information. I recently applied for this position a couple of days ago and was wondering how competitive I would be. I received my Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice in 2008, I have interned with two state law enforcement agencies, and I have been working for the government ever since.

Comment

It sounds like you would be very competitive for this or most other LE positions as long as your background came back with nothing of concern. The problem with this position is getting your resume reviewed because they receive thousands a month from all over the US.

Comment

In applying for this position, did any of you guys participate in the "optional portion" or writing samples, at the end of the application?

Comment

Have any of you guys applied multiple times? If so, how long did it take you until you heard back from a recruiter?

Also, what are the key words the agency looks for while sorting through these resumes? It's hard to believe that some one straight out of college will go in for an interview over a guy who has years of experience as a police officer or one who has been in the military. It's obvious that the college person did something right with his/her resume, but what??...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5853 users online. 209 members and 5644 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X