Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshals Region 5

It begins!

The FCIP Recruiting Drive for Region 5 will be open on October 7, 2009 via e-mail registration. Please see the attached flyer for registration information and Region 5 recruiting area and districts map.

If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions regarding the FCIP Recruiting Drive and application process, please e-mail us at [email protected] . Please note that this e-mail address is solely utilized for feedback and suggestions.

... and DANG! I can't attend a session b/c I'll be at FLETC with my current job

Comment

So anyone from another regiong going for Region 5 as well?

Comment

I am waiting on my interview date for region 3 and just put in for 5.

Comment

I just put in for this region as well. Anyone have any ideas as to why this one was last? Are they not hurting for bodies?

Comment

All spots were filled by the time my email was sent.
            IEA
            ----
            Written 6/2009 (Eligibility expires 6/2012)

BPA (Southern Border)
            ----
            Written 9/2009 (Eligibility expires 8/2011)
            Tentative Selection 8/2010
            *Application withdrawn due to relocation*

NYPD
            ----
            Written 8/2010 (91%)

FAMS
            ----
            CO 11/1
            FAB 12/9 - passed
            Panel/PTA/SAC - X

Comment

I applied. I already have my conditional offer for Region 7 also.

Comment

I would have though I don't have the money for the flight right now. I would love to be in LA and so would my wife because she is from there. Good luck to all that is in Region 5!!
                Information Session: May 2009
                Interview: Jun 2009
                Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

Haven't heard back yet

Its 2:40 and I haven't heard back yet from the registration email. Is this a good sign?

Comment

I have 3 years work experience as an external/internal auditor as well as a Masters in Accoutancy. Technically I think I need law enforcement expereience to qualify for GS - 7. However I make about $10K more a year than the GS-7 step 10 pay grade. I apologize for talking specifics when it comes to money but this causes me concern. A couple of questions. Do you think they might make an exception for GS 7 for me? Do you think they'd move me up to a higher step (i.e. step 10) to help bring my compensation more in line with my current salary. I don't mind taking a paycut for the US Marshals but I'd rather not take a massive pay cut.

Comment

You do realize that you will not be going in as an 1811 right? 1811 gets that 25% LEAP on top of your base salary. It would be a couple of years before you start making the BIG money! But hey, its the only option getting in and you have to make sacrifices sooner or later. As far as your step going in that is something the recruiter will have to verify with you. You can ask these questions at the information session.

Comment

These are probably questions for the recruiter, but do most deputy marshals just work the court rooms or do some get the more interesting (in my opinon) jobs such as investigations and capturing of fugitives?

Comment

Thanks for the response. I remember reading somewhere that you get the LEAP increase after 2 years. Or is that something that you have to apply for and may not get?

Comment

Originally posted by will13625 View Post
                            Thanks for the response. I remember reading somewhere that you get the LEAP increase after 2 years. Or is that something that you have to apply for and may not get?
                            Here is what Manstown sent me. He is currently a DUSM.

Keyz, the answer is a definite "Yes" on that one. I have spoken with several Deputies that work with 0082's and 2 separate Deputy recruiters (one of which is a 0082) and I have been told that anything over the "straight 8" work is considered OT. And yes, we will be compensated as such. Also remember that as an 0082, we do not receive LEAP pay and that is the reason why OT is used. After becoming an 1811, we receive LEAP, a 25% increase in pay and thus lose that "perk". OT pay at that point is a whole new issue including scheduled OT, etc. I am sure that Manstown can clarify if my explanation is not clear, but to the best of my knowledge this is how the system is designed. Hope this helps.

As for exciting stuff manstown also told me that you will have to spend 3-5 years minimum in the Courtroom and doing the 0082 series position before you become an 1811.

After asking a contact in my district he said that some people can go their whole careers with out being on a fugitive task force.

I imagine it is really only the best and brightest that get to participate in the Task Force. I could be wrong though.

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

Since Region 5 is the last region to be done. I recomment that everyone on this thread should read the USMS FCIP Related Threads for regions 2, 4, 6. These threads should be able to give you an idea of the timeline. The USMS has been very accurate on their projected time and dates. So what they tell you is generally the case. Best of luck to you all. There is a huge amount of information on the other threads. I keep this thread to update on the outline of the process.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5627 users online. 344 members and 5283 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X