Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USMS Region 7 Update

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • USMS Region 7 Update

    Found this interesting. I was told by the background investigator that BIs were due in today. Those that have had their BI completed may have noticed the "priority 1" stamped on their BI sheet.

    Going on a hunch here, but I'm guessing with the requirement for BIs to be done before fiscal year end 09 that we may start to see more movement. Then again could just be wishful thinking.

    Got ants in the pants.

  • #2
    To clarify, your background investigators said that regions seven background investigations were due on the 27th? I haven't even been contacted by a background investigator yet and I am in region seven. I submitted my eQIP a little over a month ago.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ryno2 View Post
      To clarify, your background investigators said that regions seven background investigations were due on the 27th? I haven't even been contacted by a background investigator yet and I am in region seven. I submitted my eQIP a little over a month ago.
      I wouldn't worry about it. Someone on another forum from region 7 said that they were just contacted by a BI just the other day. My BI said that mine was due the 28th.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yea, I really wouldn't worry about it. I barely got contacted to submit my eQIP last week. I'm region 7 also.

        Comment


        • #5
          If you guys go back and check some of my previous posts I have posted some information from law firms who have dealt with the Clearance Check process. Those posts cover most of the process on who adjudicates it. As for how long the investigation will take that just depends on how long it takes them to get in contact with the people on your SF-86 and when they turn it in. I spoke with my BI last Wednesday and he finished his part on Friday, though it got handed off to someone else who is conducting the local field investigations. (every one with OPM has been very helpful)

          I was doing some research and found out that the average process takes anywhere from 60 to 80 days from the time that they recieve the SF-86. My BI has a high priority stamp on it. Which I think is on most of the USMS FCIP 09 applicants BI paperwork. I just got done with my physical today and go back in on Thursday for my TB test. Best of luck all!
          Information Session: May 2009
          Interview: Jun 2009
          Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
          BI Cleared: Jan 2010
          Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
          FLETC: 07/29/2010

          "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

          President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

          Comment


          • #6
            bubba- I was told by the only HR person I got a hold of that they do not let us know. She told me that if you get "cleared" you simply move on to the next step, what ever that may be. I am waiting on my email/PS call for my drug screen. I'm "assuming" if I get that email or call that I have been cleared as it is my next step. I'm sure they would not pay for a drug screen if I did not clear my BI. Hope this helps. I think its just a "wait and see" type issue here.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bubba04
              Do you think that the applicant would be contacted and informed of the adjudication decision, or no news is good news? My BI was completed by my investigator in 2 weeks as of this past Saturday. I have a friend in FL that was contacted by my BI, and he is meeting with a OPM agent in 2 weeks. Obviously information comes in to the USMS at different times.

              What would be disqualifying factors that would revoke a clearance? My background has a few blemishes but nothing serious. The USMS has invested a lot of money into all of us going through this process as of this point. I would assume it would be something serious (such as trying to hide an arrest or conviction) that would be disqualifying. I just hope this adjudication process is not a way to weed individuals out that do not have a 'perfect' background.
              Give me a few example of the "blemishes" I can probably give you an idea.

              Comment


              • #8
                I was curious because it had been 30 days and I had not heard from anyone about my BI, so I email HR to find out my status. She informed me that my BI was transferred from the DOD Good thing, because that one only took 10 months to get adjudicated, what a relief. I was surprised though seeing that I was told at both the hiring session and interview that my BI would have to be re accomplished because it was DOD initiated and not DOJ initiated. For those that are curious I have a TS SCI/DCID 6/4, DOD went back 10yrs not 7yrs like for the USMS. Either way, one more block checked.

                Comment


                • #9
                  posted this about two weeks ago, just a fyi

                  i was able to locate the flyer along with a map indicating the states for each of the fcip regions [1,2,3,4,6,7,8] announcements to date.

                  region 1 (no flyer attached)
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/re...iting_area.pdf

                  region 2 (no flyer attached)
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/re...iting_area.pdf

                  region 3
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/region3_flyer.pdf

                  region 4
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/re...lyer_w_map.pdf

                  region 6
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/region_6.pdf

                  region 7
                  http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/region7_flyer.pdf

                  region 8
                  http://www.usdoj.gov/marshals/career...lyer_w_map.pdf

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I had my medical over a month ago. Got an email that I have to do a follow up with my personal Doctor about a medication that I'm on. A very common medication that millions of people take......seems like every step I take forward, I take one back. Just another hoop I guess. Now I just need to make sure my Doc does it quickly.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      DC called today asking to verify my home address and email account. Any one have a similar experience and have a clue as to why they would call?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lschremp View Post
                        I was curious because it had been 30 days and I had not heard from anyone about my BI, so I email HR to find out my status. She informed me that my BI was transferred from the DOD Good thing, because that one only took 10 months to get adjudicated, what a relief. I was surprised though seeing that I was told at both the hiring session and interview that my BI would have to be re accomplished because it was DOD initiated and not DOJ initiated. For those that are curious I have a TS SCI/DCID 6/4, DOD went back 10yrs not 7yrs like for the USMS. Either way, one more block checked.
                        The Marshal Service has the perogative of using an already completed BI from the DoD, DoJ, or DHS. They can also choose not to. To save money and time, they may just do this. However, it is the USMS's perogative to do this. There are no hard and set rules as to whether they will or will not. Your prior BI will not necessarily speed things up for you, and could in fact slow things a bit. Your DoD file will be picked through with meticulous care being utilized. As well, your past security clearances mean nothing in the eyes of the USMS. Further, the SSBI for the USMS DOES go back ten years. The SF-86 you filled out stated this. If you only provided seven years of residencies, employment, etc. you just shot yourself in the foot.
                        sigpicTwo is one,
                        one is none.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Uriel711 View Post
                          DC called today asking to verify my home address and email account. Any one have a similar experience and have a clue as to why they would call?
                          I got an email to call them last Friday. Same questions when I reached the person on the line.

                          Looks like some standard procedure.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Twoisone View Post
                            The Marshal Service has the perogative of using an already completed BI from the DoD, DoJ, or DHS. They can also choose not to. To save money and time, they may just do this. However, it is the USMS's perogative to do this. There are no hard and set rules as to whether they will or will not. Your prior BI will not necessarily speed things up for you, and could in fact slow things a bit. Your DoD file will be picked through with meticulous care being utilized. As well, your past security clearances mean nothing in the eyes of the USMS. Further, the SSBI for the USMS DOES go back ten years. The SF-86 you filled out stated this. If you only provided seven years of residencies, employment, etc. you just shot yourself in the foot.
                            Generally speaking on the saving money part it seems to me that they will transfer any DOD SSBI. Everybody in here as long as the clearance was active and had not passed the 24 month grace period had there clearance picked up. The TS-SCI clearance is a much higer clearance than the USMS Secret.(No Offense) On the SF-86 it does not state that you have to fill it out for ten years, it all depends on the clearance level your going for or have been told to fill out. In none of the USMS forms that I recieved regarding the clearance process did it state that I had to fill out 10 years. I had a DOD secret clearance and they did not accept my clearance due to the fact that there was no field investigation completed. If I had been approved for the Secret SSBI I would have been able to transfer my clearance.

                            I only filled out 7 years and my clearance went through ASB with no problem, and have already completed my BI investigation. I am not trying to sound like an *** I just want to make sure the right information is put out there. I work in DOD Contracting and transfer clearances and verify clearance all day. My wife also works on DOD contracts and is the Program Security Officer for her company. There is a method to their madness and they don't pick out of a hat who gets an investigation done. SSBI is just the type of investigation that is done that reaches back 10 years.The TS-SCI stands for Secured Compartalized Information. Which essentially means the classified information that they handle has to go into a safe at the end of the day and can access SIPRNET and NIPRNET. Which is just a higher security web-browser VS. FLEO databases like JDIS, JSTARS.

                            We are all on the same team here. You can research all of the material on google. Again I just want to make sure that the right information gets put out there. Have a good one guys!
                            Information Session: May 2009
                            Interview: Jun 2009
                            Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                            BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                            Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                            FLETC: 07/29/2010

                            "I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

                            President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Same here... they called from HQ to verify all my information... and BI officially began this week. Met with BI on Monday!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3191 users online. 150 members and 3041 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X