Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ice Special Agent (1811) question...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ice Special Agent (1811) question...

    Can someone please help!!! I'm new to this forum and couldn't find an answer. I am nearing the end of my application and have been brought to a page entitled "application review" and I have been asked to upload documents that I have not yet that are required for the job. It then lists...

    1. College Transcripts
    2. DD-214
    3. Notice of Results - TEA
    4. SF-15
    5. Sf-50
    6. Selective Service Registration
    7. Supplemental Application Packet
    8. VA Letter

    Now my questions are... 1. This position requires all these documents? 2. Where can I fill these documents out/find them? I have been trying to figure that out for over an hour now.

    Thanks for the help!

  • #2
    Originally posted by Slickgv View Post
    Can someone please help!!! I'm new to this forum and couldn't find an answer. I am nearing the end of my application and have been brought to a page entitled "application review" and I have been asked to upload documents that I have not yet that are required for the job. It then lists...

    1. College Transcripts
    2. DD-214
    3. Notice of Results - TEA
    4. SF-15
    5. Sf-50
    6. Selective Service Registration
    7. Supplemental Application Packet
    8. VA Letter

    Now my questions are... 1. This position requires all these documents? 2. Where can I fill these documents out/find them? I have been trying to figure that out for over an hour now.

    Thanks for the help!
    you can upload your resume through Application Manager. The rest of the document, you have to generate a fax cover sheet and fax them in.
    By the way, where did you see the ICE SA announcement?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Slickgv View Post
      Can someone please help!!! I'm new to this forum and couldn't find an answer. I am nearing the end of my application and have been brought to a page entitled "application review" and I have been asked to upload documents that I have not yet that are required for the job. It then lists...

      1. College Transcripts
      2. DD-214
      3. Notice of Results - TEA
      4. SF-15
      5. Sf-50
      6. Selective Service Registration
      7. Supplemental Application Packet
      8. VA Letter

      Now my questions are... 1. This position requires all these documents? 2. Where can I fill these documents out/find them? I have been trying to figure that out for over an hour now.

      Thanks for the help!
      1. College transcript, self explanatory, if you have one, then scan it and save it in PDF format and upload it.
      2. dd-214, if you were former military then you will have this, if not, then dont worry about what doesnt apply to you and what you dont have
      3. notice of result, tea exam is given to only atf, irs and usss i believe, ice does not use the tea, but the notice of result from your written exam ice should have, just to be safe, scan it and save it in pdf format
      4. sf-15, you will have if you were former military and seeking veteran preference, if not, then dont worry about what doesnt apply to you and what you dont have
      5. sf-50 if you are current or former federal employee then you would have this, if not, then dont worry about what doesnt apply to you and what you dont have
      6. selective service, if you are male, include the registration verification number which can be obtained here https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx
      7. this is referring to the material sent to you for completion and submission
      8. va letter, applicable and you will have if you were former military, again, if not then it does not apply to you and you will have nothing to submit to that effect

      this must be either your first time applying to a federal law enforcement position or a federal position overall.

      Comment


      • #4
        thanks pearl... yes it is my first time applying.

        Comment


        • #5
          So the only thing I need to send in is my college transcript? still a little confused... forgive me. I looked up the selective service information but am unsure of what to do with it. again, thanks for the help

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ni86 View Post
            you can upload your resume through Application Manager. The rest of the document, you have to generate a fax cover sheet and fax them in.
            By the way, where did you see the ICE SA announcement?
            http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=83201655

            Comment


            • #7
              That is not ICE, that is USSS
              God Bless America

              101st Airborne Division, Rakassans Air Assaultttttttt
              3rd Infantry Division, 2BCT

              ICE 1811
              Applied: 6/22/09
              Exam: 7/24/2009
              SI/WA: 3/2/2010
              The Call: October 26, 2010
              PRESIDIO BOUND!!!!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                your right... wrong link... looks like i wasted some time just now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Slickgv View Post
                  your right... wrong link... looks like i wasted some time just now.
                  mistake the usss special agent announcement (continuous) for ice special agent announcement, 1) that's classic 2) this is a first

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                    mistake the usss special agent announcement (continuous) for ice special agent announcement, 1) that's classic 2) this is a first
                    Haha please don't stress me out worse than I am after spending the last two days on this : (

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Slickgv View Post
                      Haha please don't stress me out worse than I am after spending the last two days on this : (
                      wait, it took two days to 1) fill out the necessary paperwork and 2) realize that some of the required documents did not apply to you?
                      google would have explained what dd215, sf15, sf50, and selective service registration are.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        you sure it's the wrong link? sounds like you're applying for USSS SA position since "3. Notice of Results - TEA" ... ICE SA doesn't use TEA and there are no openings for entry level ICE SA on usajobs right now. there are only lateral announcements for ICE SAs on usa jobs now. simple google research will solve all your answers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Slickgv, dont get discouraged, I first started applying for federal gigs this year also and the whole process was very confusing to me. Understanding NOR, EOD, AUO, LEAP, and all the other different abbreviations used on this board was mind-racking without asking a question every 5 minutes. Keep your head up and keep checking the board and other websites for job information. Some people are very helpful here and others just want to ridicuole.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            greetings,

                            Just FYI -- ICE SA announcements will NOT be on USAJOBS. You can visit www.ice.gov and look under the careers section for detailed information. The next time a ICE-SA announcement comes up they'll post information there.

                            you can also contact your local SAIC (Special-Agent In Charge) recruiter. Some will take your email and let you know when an announcement is coming.

                            Basically what happens next is on the specific date when the announcement is opened, you'll have 24 hours to go register to take the ICE-SA exam (similar to the TEA -- Treasury Enforcement Exam). Granted, this is subject to change, but that's how it was for me.

                            Good Luck and as others have said, keep your head up.

                            Regards,
                            GatorFutureSA

                            DEA 1811 (June 2012):
                            Applied - 06/2012

                            FBI 1811 (August 2012):
                            Applied - 08/2012
                            Phase I - 09/2012
                            M & G - Pending

                            CBPO (Sept 2011):
                            Applied - 09/2011
                            Test - 09/2011 (Passed) - NOR 89
                            VBT/SI - 11/2011 (Passed)
                            Medical - 12/2011 (Cleared)
                            PFT1 - 12/2011 (Passed)
                            BI - 11/2011 (Pending - In Security Office)

                            ICE 1811 (June 2011):
                            Applied - 06/2011
                            Cancelled - 08/2012 -- sonofabitch!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by johnnylawman109 View Post
                              Slickgv, dont get discouraged, I first started applying for federal gigs this year also and the whole process was very confusing to me. Understanding NOR, EOD, AUO, LEAP, and all the other different abbreviations used on this board was mind-racking without asking a question every 5 minutes. Keep your head up and keep checking the board and other websites for job information. Some people are very helpful here and others just want to ridicuole.
                              Appreciate the encouragement!

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5880 users online. 166 members and 5714 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X