Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Federal Take Home Vehicles?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Type...Big ***** Truck
    +1. Most fed critter/pinecone agencies will give you the aforementioned "BFT." Unless you're in a big city or in some urban-type area in which offroad capabilities aren't necessary.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

    Comment


    • #17
      Federal Take Home Vehicles?

      Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
      ...Most fed critter/pinecone agencies...
      Now that's a new one. I have heard of:

      -fish cop

      -trout trooper

      -crick dick

      but I will add the above to the list.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
        Now that's a new one. I have heard of:

        -fish cop

        -trout trooper

        -crick dick

        but I will add the above to the list.
        We used to call a buddy of mine in law school the Duck Detective. He wasn't fed, just local, but his primary patrol area was a large park.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
          Now that's a new one. I have heard of:

          -fish cop

          -trout trooper

          -crick dick

          but I will add the above to the list.
          Perch Police, Cod Cop.

          Comment


          • #20
            Some of the Park Service classes that used to attend FLETC used to have class T-shirts that sported something like "STEP AWAY FROM THE PINECONE" in big block letters, then showed some cartoon squirrel proned out with a just-humped-the-neighbors-dog look on his face. I think that's where it came from.

            That and the fact that technically you really CAN'T take even pinecones out of a National Park.
            "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

            Comment


            • #21
              ...

              Originally posted by GreenLine View Post
              Some of the Park Service classes that used to attend FLETC used to have class T-shirts that sported something like "STEP AWAY FROM THE PINECONE" in big block letters, then showed some cartoon squirrel proned out with a just-humped-the-neighbors-dog look on his face. I think that's where it came from.

              That and the fact that technically you really CAN'T take even pinecones out of a National Park.


              There is NO "Technically about it" It is UNLAWFUL under 36 CFR.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                Now that's a new one. I have heard of:

                -fish cop

                -trout trooper

                -crick dick

                but I will add the above to the list.


                While I was at FLETC in LMPT

                Our guyrs there were

                Forest Service= Tree cops

                BLM= Sand Cops

                Fish and Wildlife= fish and feather cops

                National park= Pine Cone cop

                TVAP= Powerline Cops

                Comment


                • #23
                  There is NO "Technically about it" It is UNLAWFUL under 36 CFR.
                  The reason I threw the word "technically" in there is because 99.9% of the Rangers I know wouldn't write it, usually having bigger fish to fry. But you are correct: it IS illegal. My mistake for not being clear.

                  While I was at FLETC in LMPT

                  Our guyrs there were

                  Forest Service= Tree cops

                  BLM= Sand Cops

                  Fish and Wildlife= fish and feather cops

                  National park= Pine Cone cop

                  TVAP= Powerline Cops
                  In addition to USFWS being the fish and feather cops...or fin and feather, depending on who you talk to, I think NOAA agents and officers also get the "fish cop" designation from time to time.

                  I had never heard the "sand cop" one for BLM. I like it. I once did some ATV training on BLM land in Idaho and I can certainly relate - ate enough sand that day to start my own beach .
                  Last edited by GreenLine; 09-17-2009, 10:37 AM.
                  "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by GreenLine View Post

                    I had never heard the "sand cop" one for BLM. I like it. I once did some ATV training on BLM land in Idaho and I can certainly relate - ate enough sand that day to start my own beach .
                    Gotcha there buddy, I know a few BLM rangers and we all had fun making fun of each other all good clean fun.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      FPS - Agents and Inspectors have take home G-rides.
                      "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Squirrel Patrol
                        Fear the darkness, for I am in it

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 6272 users online. 196 members and 6076 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X