300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Take Home Vehicles?

This is a questions spawned out of curosity, and I know a good number of the people on this board are are after federal LEO jobs-- so I though this might be the place to ask. Take home vehicles have become faily common in local and state law enforcement nationwide. Are any of the federal agencies following suit?
    Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Yes, Im a Fed Leo and have a take home G-ride.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply. What agency? and are cars standard or for a special assignment? thanks
      Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.

Stay Safe

Comment

Take home ride, Standard Issue.
        Last edited by DARE_SUPPORTER; 09-15-2009, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Not all federal agencies give take home GOV's. Just like local/state agencies, some do and some don't.
          sigpic

Comment

ICE SA's have take-home G-rides.
            Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Just depends on the agency, their location, office budget, call-out status, etc.....

I've seen some federal agencies that allowed everyone to have one......same agency but in a different town....nothing but a duty car....

Comment

Some criminal investigators do. With my agency K9 handlers and some special ops agents do also. Also with my agency some regular agents who work in remote locations who work out of there homes do as well.

Comment

was told USSS SA have take home when on investigative details, but not protective details

the idea is somewhat so that if you were called from home you could proceed directly to a location without having to stop at your duty station

Comment

For feds, a take-home vehicle is more for the advantage of the government than for the individual. If the gov't has nothing to gain by assigning you one (like being able to have you respond 24/7 or be that much more effective in your work), you probably won't get one.

That rationale just goes for the troops, however. Doesn't apply to the number of 1811 managers who have vehicles and don't really need them.
                    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Not a FED, but work with a joint TF and all SA's have cars assigned to them and take them home.
                      Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Only us K-9 guys got them and the Chief and Dep. Chief got them. Sometimes the Detectives depending on what they had going but, no one else. Not too many Fed uniform agencies have take homes only a few have them for all officers most have them for SOD or K-9 units only.
                        sigpic
                        Formerly Username k91376
                        " They Took the BAR!! The whole F%$#ING BAR! "

Comment

The National Park Service has some take homes. Some of the take homes are out of park take homes, and others are take homes but to government housing within the park.

The US Forest Service has take homes I think to all the LEO's.

US Fish and Wildlife also has take home's for most or all of the LEO's also

Comment

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                            The National Park Service has some take homes. Some of the take homes are out of park take homes, and others are take homes but to government housing within the park.

The US Forest Service has take homes I think to all the LEO's.

US Fish and Wildlife also has take home's for most or all of the LEO's also
                            Correct for Forest Service, my 2 buddies both have take homes and so does U.S. BLM and U.S. TVA Police.

Comment

BLM...yes.

Type...Big ***** Truck

I love my job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11067 users online. 454 members and 10613 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X