300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Marines Civilian Police

I got a call from HR stating that I qualified for GS5 and GS6 for Bridgeport California. I was wondering if anyone could me any insight on this position and the area.

It's called Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center. Located in Northern California on the border of Nevada, the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center is adjacent to Coleville and about 21 miles southeast of Bridgeport. It occupies 46,000 acres of the Toiyabe National Forest—the largest forest in the United States outside of Alaska. Annual temperatures range from more than 90º F in the summer to -20º F in the winter, with snow from October to April.

Lincoln Military Housing offers 111 homes serving the Marine Corps Mountain Warfare Training Center, or MWTC.

When I talked to HSSI instructors who are in charge of the police academy, they stated there were security guards at the gates at that installation. They also stated they patrolled the installation as well. Maybe there changing patrols from guards to officers.

Comment

Was this a 0083 or 0085 position that you applied for? Most bases have either contract security or 0085 guards at the gates and 0083 police officers that patrol and take care of LE. 0083 is basically a civilian MP. PM me if you have specific questions.

Comment

I believe its an 0083 position. The guy in HR told me that this was a new thing and that they used to contract security guards. He also said that I would be attenting the 9 week police academy with the marines.

Comment

You would attend a 9 week academy at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego. Bridgeport isn't even an opinion on the DONHR website. You'd probably be one of the first civilian officers at that installation if you accepted the job offer. You would not have any marines in your academy with you. They'd be all hired civilian employees.

Comment

All of the "Civilian MP's" on Camp Pendleton mostly stand gate watch. You'll catch a few here and there that will patrol in a vehicle. I hear their powers are extremely limited and that a Marine MP or SNCO must be present for them to make an arrest.
            NRA Life Member | USMC Life Member | IDPA Member
            NRA Certified Rifle & Pistol Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
              All of the "Civilian MP's" on Camp Pendleton mostly stand gate watch. You'll catch a few here and there that will patrol in a vehicle. I hear their powers are extremely limited and that a Marine MP or SNCO must be present for them to make an arrest.
              Good ol' boy system. Gotta love the crimes that go unpunished since they're on a military installation. Hopefully with HR675, things will change. To bad in 2009 it's still going on. Seriously, what's the point of putting these civilian officers through a semi-police academy and have them stand gates for days. Law enforcement will never be priority on a military installation when the chief isn't prior LEO first. At least the chief must have more police time in service then military. PD not PMO.

Comment

Thanks for all the good info guys! I will talk to the CPT in a week or so and will find out additional information at that time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4133 users online. 178 members and 3955 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X