300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help brainstorming...

I'm thinking about a change of departments within the next 6-12 months and would like to get some suggestions from guys in other parts of the country. I'm 25 years old, single (no kids), have a bachelor's in business, and four and a half years of patrol experience with a small PD in Western NC. I'm willing to move any distance within the US.

I want to work for a police department in a decent sized city (at least 250K residents) where I can make better money than the ~$28K I make in NC (adjusted for cost of living). I also would like to live in a city that would be fun for young, single people. I don't want to end up in BFE, Wyoming....even if there are 250K+ old people there.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated here. Also, let me know what your state's/department's policy is regarding out-of-state lateral transfers.

Thanks,

TL

From what I heard and researched, FLORIDA seems to take laterals and accept most states training academies.

Comment

I have heard Austin TX pays well, not sure how the single life there would be.

Comment

Memphis, TN Police Department accepting laterals. Good pay, big city, and all of the action you could want.

http://www.memphispolice.org/

Lateral Program:
        http://www.memphispolice.org/Lateral...m%20102307.pdf
        CBPO East Texas
        TO: 3/3/09
        Pre-Emp Forms: 3/26/09
        Fitness: 4/6/09 -Passed
        Medical: 4/6/09 -Passed
        VBT: 4/7/09 -Passed
        Quals: (GS-7) 4/10/09 -Verified
        Drug Test: 4/17/09 -Passed
        BI: 8/27/09 -Cleared
        TSU: 8/27/09
        FCRA: 05/19/10
        BI Update: 6/16/10

Comment

Vegas is always hiring, has a great department with alot of action and is the place for singles, but they don't do laterals anymore. North Las Vegas does do laterals, and their department is just as good if not better, but you could wait a long time for lateral offer. Tampa, Jacksonville, Broward County and Palm Beach County have excellent departments, are great towns for single people and Florida accepts laterals. Someone mentioned Austin above which is an excellent department and a college town with lots of fun for singles, good money, but very HIGH cost of living. Most officers live outside the city in Austin that I know. Those are the places I have experience and knowledge of, that would be a good place to work, live and nice change for you.
          USSS:
          Applied-03/15/2009
          Written-09/02/2009

USMS FCIP:
          Info Session-04/08/09
          Interview-06/25/09
          Condition Offer-08/06/09
          Medial Part 1-08/28/09
          Medial Part 2 (Dr Review)-09/10/09
          Backgroud-?
          FIT-?
          Final Offer-?
          Academy-?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11072 users online. 434 members and 10638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X