Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIA SPS & Protective Agent positions info?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIA SPS & Protective Agent positions info?

Can anyone shed any light on these positions? I am aware the the SPS position is mostly force protection and fixed posts, but is anyone aware of possibilities for movement within the Agency in due time? I am really just seeking any info or insight that one can provide on these two jobs, the environments, travel, etc with respect to OPSEC. Thanks.

2 of my instructors were retired CIA SPS Sgts. Im sure there is movement within the ranks especially to K-9 and upward mobility.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Any knowledge of mobility within the Agency itself - out of SPS? The site states that subsequent to three years of service one is eligible to move around within the Agency, however I wonder if that has been done by many. Thanks for the info Orlandofed5-0.

Comment

I went to an orientation two years ago, and they said there are several 3 week TDY's abroad (obviously they couldn't say where). They also said that after 3 years, there are several different areas you can get into within the agency. They aslo do the protection for the director. It sounded like a good way to get your foot into the door.

Comment

Thanks pa1982 - again great info.

Comment

Sorry, I removed my original response
            Last edited by ThinBlueLEO; 11-24-2010, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Do you know what kind of schedules they work? 5 on 2 off etc. Also do they pay for moving expenses to the DC metro area? I have a family and is it extremely hard on a family person? Thank you in advance, I have my application in.

Comment

Yes, it is 5 on and 2 off, 3 8-hour shifts. Your shift/schedule is based on seniority but you will have the same two days off in a row each week. You also have the option to change your shift/schedule annually.

The Agency does pay for relocation cost to the Washington Metro Area (WMA).

Comment

Anyone hear anything since they applied? I applied about a month ago was wondering if they had contacted anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by ThinBlueLEO View Post
                    The Agency does pay for relocation cost to the Washington Metro Area (WMA).
                    this is not true. they will pay for moving costs up to 18,000 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by the215 View Post
                      this is not true. they will pay for moving costs up to 18,000 lbs.

How is my statement not true? I stated that the government will pay for relocation cost but I didn't specify that the government would pay for up to 18,000lbs of household goods. I didn't think I needed to get that specific but since you threw it out there, you are correct, the government will pay for relocation costs up to 18,000lbs of household goods for new employees relocating to the Washington Metro Area (WMA). 18,000lbs will move a little more than about a 3 bedroom home which usually covers the entire cost. They will not move automobiles, boats or motorcycles though.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Leo

Comment

Originally posted by ThinBlueLEO View Post
                        How is my statement not true? I stated that the government will pay for relocation cost but I didn't specify that the government would pay for up to 18,000lbs of household goods. I didn't think I needed to get that specific but since you threw it out there, you are correct, the government will pay for relocation costs up to 18,000lbs of household goods for new employees relocating to the Washington Metro Area (WMA). 18,000lbs will move a little more than about a 3 bedroom home which usually covers the entire cost. They will not move automobiles, boats or motorcycles though.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Leo
                        wow, im sorry man. when i read your post i thought you said they DO NOT pay for relocation costs. my bad.

Comment

No worries.

Comment

I recently applied and was supposed to hear back from them 2wks ago after taking the online tests, still nothing..typical waiting game now. Ce La Vie!
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
                              I recently applied and was supposed to hear back from them 2wks ago after taking the online tests, still nothing..typical waiting game now. Ce La Vie!
                              I'm in the same boat as well, i'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5678 users online. 304 members and 5374 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X