300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bia 1811 (drug Enforcement)

Anyone else apply for this spot? It was listed out of Seattle. Im praying that I eeked by with the exp quals....... This would be a great spot!
    Deputy Kent Mundell
    Pierce County Sheriff
    Dec 28th.
    Gone but not forgotten...

Originally posted by Tacticool View Post
    Anyone else apply for this spot? It was listed out of Seattle. Im praying that I eeked by with the exp quals....... This would be a great spot!
    What quals? Are you a Fed? Have you already been employed with the BIA in Law Enforcement? Do you have any Indian in you? These are what they look for. Most I know who have taken these jobs are current 1811's with a lot of investigative experience in the drug field. Good luck though.
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
      What quals? Are you a Fed? Have you already been employed with the BIA in Law Enforcement? Do you have any Indian in you? These are what they look for. Most I know who have taken these jobs are current 1811's with a lot of investigative experience in the drug field. Good luck though.
      Well I havent got "the thin letter" yet... I have had the "training" it asks for on the questionare. 2 years Federal Reserve Bank Police.

Also yes on the native preference.....
      Deputy Kent Mundell
      Pierce County Sheriff
      Dec 28th.

Comment

So you have criminal drug investigative experience at the Reserve bank, which is not a Federal LE agency? Either way, good luck. Most current 1811's will be shooting for this job.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
          So you have criminal drug investigative experience at the Reserve bank, which is not a Federal LE agency? Either way, good luck. Most current 1811's will be shooting for this job.
          No but thats why I said eeked by......

And the preference is my friend.

Thanks.
          Deputy Kent Mundell
          Pierce County Sheriff
          Dec 28th.

Comment

Good luck...

Comment

The Native preference is the toughest box to check on these jobs, so if you have that one under your belt, I think you're way ahead of the game. As for other 1811's applying, I would advise them to think twice: not only will the tribes not usually want a non-native enforcing the law on the rez, but you probably wouldn't want to BE that guy, either (BTDT).

And the tribal councils have boocoo 'pull' within DOI, so they do have a say in who gets selected for these jobs, even if only an indirect one (DOI is, after all, the "steward of Native American culture").

If it's in Seattle, you'll probably be spending a lot of time with the Muckelshoots and the Lummis, maybe helping your brethren out east with the Yakama and Colville nations.
              "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

if your not native you might as well run your job application for BIA through a paper shredder.
                "What the problem is?"

Comment

Originally posted by Red Swan View Post
                  if your not native you might as well run your job application for BIA through a paper shredder.
                  Exactly...I have a friend that is high up in BIA and that has came from his mouth a 100 times....

It is what it is..... Same goes for BIA Police or most other jobs on the Rez that is USG....

Comment

I just want a job. Ill keep you all posted. Thanks for your input.
                    Deputy Kent Mundell
                    Pierce County Sheriff
                    Dec 28th.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3986 users online. 193 members and 3793 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X