300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICE 1811 vs ICE IEA

I see that USAjobs has openings for IEA with ICE. I am currently in the process with ICE SA and was wondering what are the major differences between the two.

I know the GS levels are different, but job wise (duties) what is the major difference? I was thinking about applying for IEA also, however I see their locations are pretty limited compared to 1811. Are the locations listed in the current IEA annoucements the only ones for IEA or is that just for this particular annoucement.

Anyone with insight on this or first hand experience I would appreicate any comments.

I realize there is another post with lots of info about IEA, I will review that to see if many of my questions are answered, I would still like other thoughts or comments though.

One other question, if I recently took the 1811 exam and passed, do I need to retake an exam for IEA?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnylawman109 View Post
      I realize there is another post with lots of info about IEA, I will review that to see if many of my questions are answered, I would still like other thoughts or comments though.

One other question, if I recently took the 1811 exam and passed, do I need to retake an exam for IEA?
      CBP exam has logical reasoning, math, and writing skills. IEA exam only has logical reasoning (and biographical questions but it's nothing to study for), essentially much easier than CBP exam. ICE SA exam has logical reasoning, math (a little harder than CBP math section), and writing skills. Border patrol has logical reasoning and language section (artificial language or spanish). IEA would be the easiest since it only has logical reasoning.

Yes you will need to take separate exams for each respective position you wish to be considered for.

Comment

ICE SA= GS-13 with LEAP

ICE IEA= GS-09 with AUO

Do the math.

Comment

IEA's work for DRO (Detention and Removal Operations). They are mainly involved in locating, processing, detaining and deporting illegals for being illegal.

SA's work for OI (Office of Investigations). They are generally involved in making criminal cases on violations of immigration customs laws. This involves wiretaps, surveillance, search warrants, subpoening records etc. There are many different groups in OI, for example national security, alien smuggling, document fraud, money laundering, narcotics, gangs, etc.
          Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
            ICE SA= GS-13 with LEAP

ICE IEA= GS-09 with AUO

Do the math.
            Slight correction:

ICE (DRO) IEA grade structure goes GL-05, GL-07, GL-09, then switches to GS when an IEA makes SIEA (GS-11) or above (DO, SDDO, etc.).
            sigpicTwo is one,
            one is none.

Comment

I see that USAjobs has openings for IEA with ICE. I am currently in the process with ICE SA and was wondering what are the major differences between the two.

I know the GS levels are different, but job wise (duties) what is the major difference? I was thinking about applying for IEA also, however I see their locations are pretty limited compared to 1811. Are the locations listed in the current IEA annoucements the only ones for IEA or is that just for this particular annoucement.

Anyone with insight on this or first hand experience I would appreicate any comments.
              From the USAJOBS website:

Immigration Enforcement Agent (IEA):
              MAJOR DUTIES:
              Immigration Enforcement Agents (IEAs) are responsible for arresting, processing, and removing aliens, from the United States to their country of citizenship, in compliance with legal authority. The IEA also performs custodial supervision and detention responsibilities identified in ICE standards, including, but not limited to: providing for the medical and psychological care, the civil rights of ICE detainees, administrative detainee processing, counseling regarding personal and family matters for detainees, and transportation of aliens detained in ICE custody. Additional responsibilities for the IEA may include: visiting holding and correctional facilities; implementing the Criminal Alien Program; initiating criminal proceedings against violators of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended; determining an alien's right to be in or remain in the United States; participation in ICE fugitive operations; and working with other law enforcement agencies. IEAs gather intelligence, evidence, and information relating to ICE enforcement activities by effectively utilizing interviewing and debriefing skills and other means of information collection. Individuals will be hired at the GL-5 or GL-7 levels. Progression is to the GL-9 level after successful completion of the preceding grade(s). In accordance with Public Law 100-238, this position is covered under law enforcement retirement provisions; therefore, candidates must be appointed before reaching their 40th birthday. However, the age restriction may not apply if you are a preference-eligible veteran or if you are presently serving or have previously served in a Federal civilian law-enforcement retirement-covered position.
              sigpicTwo is one,
              one is none.

Comment

What is AUO?

Comment

What is AUO?
                  its administrative uncontrollable overtime = 25% more pay in compensation for you to work more then your 40 hours

Comment

So basically with LEAP and AUO, 25% of your base salary is added to your wages. So with IEA if I work 40 hours per week or 75 per week, I get 25% of my base salary added to my yearly pay automatically?

Comment

I couldn't find anything on IEA retirement, is that 20 years and done also?

Comment

So basically with LEAP and AUO, 25% of your base salary is added to your wages. So with IEA if I work 40 hours per week or 75 per week, I get 25% of my base salary added to my yearly pay automatically?
                        No and yes. Once you graduate from the academy, you start earning AUO (there is no AUO while you are at the academy). Your initial AUO certification is at 25%, meaning as long as you work an average of 2 hours a day extra (on top of the regular 8) you will maintain 25% AUO. Fall below this 2 hour a day average, and when the next certification comes around, you can be downgraded to 20% AUO, 15% AUO, 10% AUO, or no AUO (depending upon what your average comes to). You can get back to 25% (or 20, 15, 10, etc.) by increasing the extra hours of work when the following certification period comes around. If it appears a bit confusing don't worry, it is. My advice: try as hard as you can to maintain the extra 2 hours per shift as much as you can.
                        sigpicTwo is one,
                        one is none.

Comment

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                          ICE SA= GS-13 with LEAP No Over-time

ICE IEA= GS-09 with AUO Overtime, FLSA adds up

Do the math.
                          Johhny...IEA's do not get LEAP, only SA's (1811's) Check the IEA thread that is on here, plenty of info that has already been gone over in depth. All of your answers will be there!
                          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I couldn't find anything on IEA retirement, is that 20 years and done also?
                            Look here:

http://www.opm.gov/retire/pre/fers/eligibility.asp
                            sigpicTwo is one,
                            one is none.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7641 users online. 244 members and 7397 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X