300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFOSI Reservist

I know that OSI has been discussed in some detail before, but I did not see any answers to the questions that I had. So here it goes.

I am currently a 5 year SSgt in the National Guard. I work in Air Force Fuels, as a Controller/Accountant. I am going to college full time for Criminal Justice. The other day when I was looking for internship opportunities, I came across a page about OSI reserves, which I did not know exsisted. I am very interested in this, and now I am seeking advice from anyone else who has already gone through the process.

A couple of questions I had were:

Does prior career field have alot to do with being accepted? Since I am in fuels is that going to hurt my chances vs. if I were security forces?

What other sort of things do they look for in a candidate? Volunteer hours? Reserve Police work, etc?

If anyone can give me some heads up of what they are looking for, let me know. Thanks.

Originally posted by MNGUARD View Post
    I know that OSI has been discussed in some detail before, but I did not see any answers to the questions that I had. So here it goes.

I am currently a 5 year SSgt in the National Guard. I work in Air Force Fuels, as a Controller/Accountant. I am going to college full time for Criminal Justice. The other day when I was looking for internship opportunities, I came across a page about OSI reserves, which I did not know exsisted. I am very interested in this, and now I am seeking advice from anyone else who has already gone through the process.

A couple of questions I had were:

Does prior career field have alot to do with being accepted? Since I am in fuels is that going to hurt my chances vs. if I were security forces?

What other sort of things do they look for in a candidate? Volunteer hours? Reserve Police work, etc?

If anyone can give me some heads up of what they are looking for, let me know. Thanks.

OSI doesn't necessarily care what career field you come from. Your chances are just as good as if you were a jet engine mechanic or a flip burgers at the dinning facility. Also, if you were to pole all OSI agents, you'd be surprise just how many are prior SF troops. Although, we do have our fair share, there's not that many. Make sense?

Some of the things OSI look for are well rounded individuals, how haven't been in trouble and can work with little or no supervision. This could differ depending on who you talk to.

My advice to you is talk with a reserve recruiter and if it's something you really want to do, go for it. It's by far one of the most rewarding jobs in the AF, at least I think so
    "If your vision is for a year . . . plant wheat. If your vision is for ten years . . . plant trees. If your vision is for a lifetime . . . plant people." - Chinese Proverb

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz, former NCAA and NFL coach

Comment

Do you have to have a degree to get into the reserve OSI? I'm switching over from the Navy Reserve to AF Reserve SF and I was thinking as well going to OSI sometime in the near future. Anyone have any helpful advice to better my chances. I'm also a deputy in Oklahoma as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10565 users online. 383 members and 10182 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X