300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting laid off in NJ

I'm a 7 year veteran with 9 years in the pension system, and I'm getting laid off at the end of the year. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and a Master's in Public Management. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NC is always hiring
    Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

Do you have civil service status or are you in a chief's town? If your civil service, doesnt your name get put at the top of the list for towns and state agencies?
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by Errico1029 View Post
        I'm a 7 year veteran with 9 years in the pension system, and I'm getting laid off at the end of the year. I have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and a Master's in Public Management. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        The City of Charleston, SC is always hiring good cops. I am originally from NY and I am glad I came to south 10 years ago.

http://www.charlestoncity.info/dept/...t.aspx?nid=817

Comment

try capitol police. they are always hiring and u will never ever get laid off.

Comment

Originally posted by phils2008 View Post
            try capitol police. they are always hiring and u will never ever get laid off.
            NO NO NO!!! Don't do it! Stay with the municipalities!

Comment

Try the FBI Agent 1811 route if you don't mind traveling and even moving possibily after Quantico, http://www.fbijobs.gov/032.asp.

Comment

I work in a title 40 town. I'll go on the RICE Bill the day I get laid off. But, my chief said he would lay me off earlier if I can secure employment with another agency. I would prefer to stay in NJ......1 more year and I'll be vested in the pension system.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6732 users online. 160 members and 6572 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X