300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Federal academy housing question

How do most people go about getting housing after their training but before they start on the job at the Federal 1811 level? I've heard that you're given something like 40 hours to move. Do most people just find a real quick apartment in that week, then wait to look into real estate once they're situated?

For me, I had my wife doing the house hunting while I was finishing FLETC. It is common, from what I've seen, to get 40 hours "admin leave" to search for a house/apartment before reporting for duty. I just feel bad for the FBI and DEA trainees, who don't get told where they are going until shortly before they graduate Quantico.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm also curious about this. Is there any time allotted between CITP and your academy specific training?
      Waiting for "The Date"

Comment

Originally posted by FutureTrooper1 View Post
        I'm also curious about this. Is there any time allotted between CITP and your academy specific training?
        No, barring unforeseen circumstances (like getting hurt and having to be recycled into another class).
        sigpic

Comment

Everyone does it while at FLETC. At least that's what I saw the two times I was down there. The amount of time they give you is based on your travel time from where you use to live to where you're going. You can usually get a straight answer while you're down there from someone back at the new office you'll be heading too.

Comment

I've heard that you're given something like 40 hours to move.
            Some agencies won't give you any, and with others it may depend on the supervisor or a regional policy. Best answer is going to come from the agency you get hired on with and your immediate supervisor.
            "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

When I was at FLETC, I flew to my respected destination and spent a weekend looking at apartments, i found one and got all my paperwork together and deposit flew back to FLETC. When I was at FLETC luckily I ended up having to 2-3 3day weekends.

As for me though, I graduated on a friday and started work Moday.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12367 users online. 413 members and 11954 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X