300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCIS Movement

I was called out of nowhere by NCIS to take a physical (after not having heard anything for over a year).

After being initially excited, I am now not feeling that good. I took the physical but I think I may have bombed the hearing standards (prior military and LEO with lots of noise exposure). Does anyone know the hearing standards for NCIS? I asked the doc at the physical and he just said it depends on the job (therefore, he had no idea?). I was never sent anything by the applicant coordinator giving me the standards so I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Bluepen View Post
    I was called out of nowhere by NCIS to take a physical (after not having heard anything for over a year).

After being initially excited, I am now not feeling that good. I took the physical but I think I may have bombed the hearing standards (prior military and LEO with lots of noise exposure). Does anyone know the hearing standards for NCIS? I asked the doc at the physical and he just said it depends on the job (therefore, he had no idea?). I was never sent anything by the applicant coordinator giving me the standards so I'm not sure.

The physician should have told you if your hearing was good or not - was this on a Naval Base? I hope you were able to get a copy of the results. I suggest you call your local Sears or hearing place and ask them. Another solution would be to call someone @ NCIS.
    Last edited by thermal; 11-22-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Any news on class dates and hiring panels

Comment

Originally posted by airisfine View Post
        Any news on class dates and hiring panels
        Nothing Yet. I think the budget passes in Sept (correct me if I am wrong) so I hope something comes up.

In regards to Hiring panels - I am guessing you are wondering when they would be hiring again? People were told to check in August - nothing yet
        Check their website- http://www.ncis.navy.mil/join.asp

Comment

I just got home from work and I got the letter that said I am now in the pool.

Comment

Theoretically the budget will pass in September, but it often doesn't actually happen until January or February. Sometimes later. However, there will be a Continuing Resolution to keep things going. Not sure how this affects hiring though.

Comment

Originally posted by dan813 View Post
              I just got home from work and I got the letter that said I am now in the pool.
              Dan, make some room. Just got my letter today as well. Now we wait....some more.

Comment

Random question: Does anyone know about getting active duty orders to NCIS on the Washington Navy Yard? I know they have Watch Officers manned up in MTAC. What ranks/designators do they take?

Comment

People who got the notices - when did you apply for the position?

Comment

Originally posted by thermal View Post
                    People who got the notices - when did you apply for the position?
                    For me it was around July 2007.

Apply: July 2007
                    Notice of Favorable Application: November 2007
                    Test: May 2008
                    Pre-Screen: June 2008
                    Panel Interview: August 2008 (recieved notice in July but was out of country)
                    Background Initiated: March 2009 (packet was lost, hense the lengthy delay)
                    Medical: May 2009
                    Pool Letter: September 2009

Hope that helps.
                    Last edited by nFury8; 10-01-2009, 12:28 PM. Reason: Added medical

Comment

Originally posted by Bluepen View Post

Hearing standard for 1811:

In freq range 500-2000 hertz loss can not exceed 30dB in either ear

In Freq range 3000+ lass can not exceed DB in either ear

Hope this helps.
                      "From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare ("King Henry V")

Comment

My experience with NCIS physicals is that the physician will tell you if you don't meet requirements. While there are minimum standards that must be met for the hearing test (and other portions of the physical), the goal is to ensure you have hearing well enough to do the job AND to get a baseline of your hearing that can be used as a baseline in the future.

Consider it a good thing that you got called for the physical and a good sign (all be it not a concrete one) that you didn't get any negative feedback from the physician.

When I went through the process, I called the physical that did the physical and they send me a copy of the form that was sent to NCISHQ that qualifies you or disqualifies you for employment. I would give them a call and see if they would be willing to provide you with the same.

Comment

Originally posted by swotivated View Post
                          Random question: Does anyone know about getting active duty orders to NCIS on the Washington Navy Yard? I know they have Watch Officers manned up in MTAC. What ranks/designators do they take?
                          What service are you with and what is your ranK?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7155 users online. 239 members and 6916 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X