Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP background mystery

so here is my problem:
    I met with my BI in AUG '08...and it was submitted in early sept 08...my CASS said that everything was completed except my QUALS and BACKGROUND...after 9 months of no contact i started seeking some answers and finally got ahold of a chief investigator over at CBP's IA...he forwarded it to another IA who promptly gave me a NOPA (DQ)...apparently they had some issues with 2 of my previous jobs where i was terminated...and my current job where i had some minor attendance issues...I sent a rebuttal letter clearly defining the circumstances surrounding each issue and took full responsiblity for my actions and outlined how i have improved over the last few years...I also cited that i have since been promoted twice at my current job(I work as a BDO for TSA Contractor at San Francisco International). About a month after i submitted the rebuttal letter, I received a letter from CBP HR stating that my QUALS had cleared and was approved for the GS-7. My CASS updated accordingly...no the only thing left is my background which still hasn't cleared...any forsight into this matter would be most helpful/encouraging...

Originally posted by rl10851 View Post
    so here is my problem:
    I met with my BI in AUG '08...and it was submitted in early sept 08...my CASS said that everything was completed except my QUALS and BACKGROUND...after 9 months of no contact i started seeking some answers and finally got ahold of a chief investigator over at CBP's IA...he forwarded it to another IA who promptly gave me a NOPA (DQ)...apparently they had some issues with 2 of my previous jobs where i was terminated...and my current job where i had some minor attendance issues...I sent a rebuttal letter clearly defining the circumstances surrounding each issue and took full responsiblity for my actions and outlined how i have improved over the last few years...I also cited that i have since been promoted twice at my current job(I work as a BDO for TSA Contractor at San Francisco International). About a month after i submitted the rebuttal letter, I received a letter from CBP HR stating that my QUALS had cleared and was approved for the GS-7. My CASS updated accordingly...no the only thing left is my background which still hasn't cleared...any forsight into this matter would be most helpful/encouraging...
    The truth of the matter is that your background adjudication could be finalized tomorrow, or another year from now. There are applicants who tested back in 2006 who are still waiting. Your case is not unique, and the only wisdom anyone can give you is wait, wait, and (yep, you guessed it) wait. Use this time to run, lift, and generally PT yourself to the point that a 4-6 mile run can be done with ease after doing 100 push-ups/100 sit-ups/and 50 bodybuilders.
    sigpicTwo is one,
    one is none.

Comment

I'm pretty sure your NOPA had contact information for your adjudicator, didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
        I'm pretty sure your NOPA had contact information for your adjudicator, didn't it?
        it did but i don't want to be pushing my luck so to speak...

Comment

I didn't notice the dates in your first post, but if you just mailed in your NOPA response in June or July, they might not have even opened it yet.

Comment

I don't understand WHY if there is such a HUGE thread dedicated to ALL CBPO issues people still start new threads about issues regularly discussed there!!!!....
            I met my BI in Dec. 07', responded to a NOPA Oct. 08', and 6 months after I sent it in and I called to check up on it, they told me they had not even looked at my response!... So sit back bud and enjoy the wasted time waiting for IA to get up and go through your case.

I hope you find your way to the official CBPO thread, there's a wealth of knowledge and shared experiences for all applicants, and a few CBPO's that give us a hand with information about the job.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by yoda View Post
              I don't understand WHY if there is such a HUGE thread dedicated to ALL CBPO issues people still start new threads about issues regularly discussed there!!!!....
              I met my BI in Dec. 07', responded to a NOPA Oct. 08', and 6 months after I sent it in and I called to check up on it, they told me they had not even looked at my response!... So sit back bud and enjoy the wasted time waiting for IA to get up and go through your case.

I hope you find your way to the official CBPO thread, there's a wealth of knowledge and shared experiences for all applicants, and a few CBPO's that give us a hand with information about the job.
              Partly cuz I don't have time to sift thru 635 pages of BS to find my answer...I work two full time jobs and have a 4 year old daughter...my time is precious

Comment

Partly cuz I don't have time to sift thru 635 pages of BS to find my answer...I work two full time jobs and have a 4 year old daughter...my time is precious
                We all have families and jobs, that doesn't make you special. His point is that while you may not feel the need to sift through a thread looking for your answers or use the search feature, those with the info may not feel the need to answer your next question that has been answered several times a month.

Comment

Nice job! "I'm more important than everyone else" is an awesome way to develop relationships leading to reliable information.
                  Last edited by PeeOwed; 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM.

Comment

your time means nothing.
                    Timelines:

CBPO
                    App: 2/12/09
                    Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                    Written: 2/20/09
                    NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                    TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                    App: 5/5/09
                    Geo: San Diego
                    Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                    NOR: 7/20/09
                    Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                    TO: 10/6/09
                    Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                    Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                    Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                    App: 8/17/10
                    Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                    TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

Look I just asked a question...I'm not getting into a ****ing match with any internet tough guys...I'd be much too frightened...and to those whose heads aren't crammed directly in there tight anuses...thank you for your help and guidance...I will remember you when I am sworn into service...the rest of you can band together, sit and revolve on it...

Comment

uh... you're welcome? (I think?)
                        Timelines:

CBPO
                        App: 2/12/09
                        Geo: Revised; CA Long Beach, San Bernardino, L.A.
                        Written: 2/20/09
                        NOR: 3/2/09 (81 no vet pref.)
                        TO: ? (reached my 37th bday 9/09)

IEA
                        App: 5/5/09
                        Geo: San Diego
                        Written: 6/5/09 (75.8 no vet pref.)
                        NOR: 7/20/09
                        Faxed Documents: 7/7/09
                        TO: 10/6/09
                        Mailed Documents: 10/16/09
                        Oral Interview: 12/02/09 Passed

BPA
                        Geo: SW Border-El Centro/San Diego Area
                        App: 8/17/10
                        Written: 10/6 Passed (73 w/ no vet pref.)
                        TO: 11/10/10 (pre emp forms due 11/22)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10969 users online. 431 members and 10538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X