300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bureau of Engraving and Printing PD

I recently applied to the posting for entry-level BEP Police Officer in Washington, DC. I've read over the job announcement and website but there's not much info.

If anyone out there knows anything about 1.) if they do vehicle/foot patrols in the surrounding area, 2.) what type of special assignments there are, 3.) if they are expected or discouraged to be proactive and go after traffic violators/sketchy cars/narcotics, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    CBP Officer
    Written- Feb. 09
    Video-Based Test- Mar. 09
    Physical- Apr. 09
    Medical- May 09
    Medical Update- Jul. 09
    Background Investigation- Aug. 09
    Referred to Selection Unit- Sep. 09
    Confirmed Desire to be CBPO- Dec. 09
    Notified of New Physical- Feb. 10

Originally posted by westcoast View Post
    I recently applied to the posting for entry-level BEP Police Officer in Washington, DC. I've read over the job announcement and website but there's not much info.

If anyone out there knows anything about 1.) if they do vehicle/foot patrols in the surrounding area, 2.) what type of special assignments there are, 3.) if they are expected or discouraged to be proactive and go after traffic violators/sketchy cars/narcotics, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    Expect to be in a booth.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Expect static posts around the compound and booths....foot patrols around the area.....and a bike unit...thats it.....

I have seen cars out but they were all senior peeps....

Proactive LE....? Pfffttt... Force Protection only.... Narcotics...? Get real.....

They worry about their facilities and thats it...... Unless crap hits the fan like over at the Holocaust Musuem....or huge events.....the don't play....

It is what it is.....

Comment

Its a good retirement job. Before I got into LE, I worked for an armored car company. We would go to the BEP, pick up gobs of money and take it to the airport, so it could be sent to Federal Reserves across the country. I made friends with those guys and its what everyone above posted. Your a well trained security guard. They had to leave their uniform and gear at the facility. They were paid 30 mins before shift to get dressed and 30 mins afterwards to put your civi's back on. That was 16 yrs ago in Texas. It may be different but i don't think so.
        Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

We get 15 minutes of dresstime (overtime) at the beginning and 15 at the end. Yes we do hold posts. Everyone gets drive the cruiser and do thinks just not senior people. I would actually say the less senior people ride around more than anyone. We are not discouraged when doing traffic or enforcing any other laws. We have had numerous arrests for weapons violations and narcotic violations. We don't have big cocaine busts. If you are in the mobile while doing traffic and doing your job they actually encourage it. Matter of fact for a period of time we had written more traffic citations than the 1st district.

Yes we were the first one's on the scene at the Holocaust. Somedays sitting on post isn't that bad. Especially if it's scorching outside. You have a computer and internet on most of all the posts. The officers in Ft. Worth primarily are force protection. The state of Texas will only allow 0083 officers to make felony arrests, however, in their existence since 1990 they haven't made one. They are discouraged down there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8517 users online. 247 members and 8270 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X