Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What cities are actively hiring for police officers??

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cities are actively hiring for police officers??

I am from Connecticut and here there are a dept or two that are hiring, however our cities are so small that they usually are just looking to fill a few spots, with thousands of applicants. This makes getting hired here really difficult.

What cities around the US are really hiring at this point. I figure New Orleans would be pretty easy to get on, but I am skeptical of working there because of the department's bad reputation that I hear of. Anywhere else?

Originally posted by UCONN1986 View Post
    I am from Connecticut and here there are a dept or two that are hiring, however our cities are so small that they usually are just looking to fill a few spots, with thousands of applicants. This makes getting hired here really difficult.

What cities around the US are really hiring at this point. I figure New Orleans would be pretty easy to get on, but I am skeptical of working there because of the department's bad reputation that I hear of. Anywhere else?
    There is a "Jobs" tab on the upper right-hand side of the toolbar that lists openings across the country. As well, many of the vacancy announcements have links to the respective department's websites too.
    sigpicTwo is one,
    one is none.

Comment

What about your own State Police? They've got some pretty good perks, if you aren't already aware...Daily meal allowance, unmarked take home for personal use are just a couple...

Comment

Nashville, TN
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by CobaltNC View Post
          What about your own State Police? They've got some pretty good perks, if you aren't already aware...Daily meal allowance, unmarked take home for personal use are just a couple...
          Thanks but I don't think they are hiring. I was more looking for larger cities around the country that could be actively hiring.

Comment

NYPD will be soon again. Take the test.

Comment

Originally posted by ExSUNYFM View Post
              NYPD will be soon again. Take the test.
              Really? I heard something along the lines of if you are just taking the test now don't expect to get called for a few years. That really discouraged me from taking the test.

Comment

Mansfield, TX PD is hiring. Check us out at http://www.mansfield-tx.gov/ps/police/
                Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Chp sounds great but it doesn't seem like they help out those applying from out of state?

Comment

Your profile says you're an accountant. Apply to the FBI.
                    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated direlects. Persistence and determination are omnipotent."---Calvin Coolidge

Comment

***removed***
                      Last edited by WesternWayneCop; 03-15-2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11388 users online. 392 members and 10996 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X