Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nebraska Background Investigation: VSA or Poly?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Background Investigation: VSA or Poly?

I've been searching on multiple Nebraska Police agency websites, and have come across an unanswered question involving the background investigations that the departments do. None of the websites go into any detail regarding the investigations other then the usual "fill out this questionnaire."

State Patrol and Papillion are the only departments that I've come across that specifically state what they use.

Do the departments such as Omaha PD, Lincoln PD, Lancaster S.O., or any other departments use the Voice Stress Analysis or the polygraph tests? Most other departments I've looked at outside of Nebraska have stated specifically which they use, but these departments do not. Thanks for the answers.

Originally posted by jpoe20 View Post
    I've been searching on multiple Nebraska Police agency websites, and have come across an unanswered question involving the background investigations that the departments do. None of the websites go into any detail regarding the investigations other then the usual "fill out this questionnaire."

State Patrol and Papillion are the only departments that I've come across that specifically state what they use.

Do the departments such as Omaha PD, Lincoln PD, Lancaster S.O., or any other departments use the Voice Stress Analysis or the polygraph tests? Most other departments I've looked at outside of Nebraska have stated specifically which they use, but these departments do not. Thanks for the answers.
    LPD uses a polygraph test. http://www.lincoln.ne.gov/city/police/rcrting.htm
    So does OPD. http://www.ci.omaha.ne.us/HumanResou...ce_officer.htm
    So does Lancaster Sheriff's Dept. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...PpxkNG8Qw8F6VQ

Good luck! Notice the LPD has application deadlines in the next few months. The Sheriff's department, I believe, should be putting up job listings in the next few months (so I've heard). I have no idea about OPD, who says they are currently not hiring, but they did receive federal money recently to hire 20 new officers, so...

Comment

Jpoe20,
      Out of curiosity why do care if a particular department utilizes a poly or not? Apply where you are interested in working. I have never heard of anyone that decided where to apply based on the steps in a hiring process for a law enforcement position. Being concerned whether or not there is a polygraph is equivalent to being concerned if there is a psychological test. The only people concerned whether there is either type of test are the people I am concerned about getting the job. If you have nothing to hide then you should be applying where you would like to work and go from there.

Comment

I was actually asking "which one do they use," not whether they use them or not. Most departments I'm interested in are pretty specific on it. I could care less which one they use, just curios.

You must have misread my post though. No big deal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10019 users online. 442 members and 9577 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X