Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP Background Investigation

Hey Guys,

I applied to be a CBPO (Customs and Border Protection Officer) in January, 2009. Since then I've passed everything except the background. Last week, I saw on CASS that it says my background investigation was changed to "Pending" and that "My case is in the security office."

My question is, what kind of time frame am I looking at for the background? A couple of months? Half a year? I know that the process is very detailed and that they will visit my neighbors and possibly give me a polygraph. I didn't lie and have a clean record so I'm just anxious to pass it and get an EOD date.

Thanks. Stay safe out there.
    CBP Officer
    Written- Feb. 09
    Video-Based Test- Mar. 09
    Physical- Apr. 09
    Medical- May 09
    Medical Update- Jul. 09
    Background Investigation- Aug. 09
    Referred to Selection Unit- Sep. 09
    Confirmed Desire to be CBPO- Dec. 09
    Notified of New Physical- Feb. 10

Hi there, I applied for the position of Border Patrol Agent and know that it's pretty similar to CBPO. I like yourself also applied in Jan. of this year and have completed every step and now wait for that important anxious call. Doing the math its been a little more than 6 months for me and hope I EOD by Thanksgiving.Everyones background is different depending on your background, jobs you've held, how many investigators are assigned to your area and the backlog if any that they have. I've known some friends that are CBPO's and it's taken them between 6 months to a year, so just sit tight and train hard. Good luck to you.

Comment

When I was hired, it took 15/16 months from my application date to the call with an offer and a duty station.

The background can take 6 months to 2 years. It can be a lengthy process. Just relax, forget about it, and get to working out. Trust me, you will not be very popular if you get to FLETC out of shape.

Comment

ok thank you
        Last edited by BostonSawx; 10-31-2009, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSawx View Post
          Does a BI include checking what other agencies you have applied with?
          As far as I know they won't. They haven't asked what other places I've applied. And, to be honest, it wouldn't do them any good since CBP is the agency I'm the farthest along with. Everywhere else I'm still waiting for test results or interviews.

I did apply to US Capitol Police and Secret Service Uniform Division so maybe they can reuse my CBP background info for those agencies. At least, that would seem efficient.
          CBP Officer
          Written- Feb. 09
          Physical- Apr. 09
          Medical- May 09
          Medical Update- Jul. 09

Comment

They won't re-use it as CBP does the BI but those two agencies will propably use OPM. One example of the left hand not talking to the right. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
              When I was hired, it took 15/16 months from my application date to the call with an offer and a duty station.

The background can take 6 months to 2 years. It can be a lengthy process. Just relax, forget about it, and get to working out. Trust me, you will not be very popular if you get to FLETC out of shape.
              So how do you like it? I'm just glad to have a chance at a career in law enforcement. It beats the hell out of an hourly wage job and its what I've always dreamed of doing.
              CBP Officer
              Written- Feb. 09
              Physical- Apr. 09
              Medical- May 09
              Medical Update- Jul. 09

Comment

There is a HUGE thread dedicated to ALL CBPO related issues, including BI's, I would encourage you to take your questions about the process there. You should use the Search feature as well since it will give you plenty of results on the "Topic".
                FYI
                My BI with CBP has been on going since November 2007 and I'm still not cleared yet, and other people are pushed through the process with "interim" clearances in a couple of months. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to Internal Affairs methods they simply go by at their own pace.

Please take your discussion to the CBP Officer thread since you will find many other applicants in your same spot.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Hello,

I apologize for the repeated posts, however; I received a call from my BI to set up an appointment to meet and talk for 70-90 minutes. He requested about 7 sources involving my background, and I'm assuming will be calling them Friday. He will be meeting 2 of these sources at my workplace Friday. What should I expect during this meeting, and is this a good step for my application? Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9668 users online. 394 members and 9274 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X