Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attn I.T. buffs: Want a job w/ a high profile Gov't agency?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn I.T. buffs: Want a job w/ a high profile Gov't agency?

U.S. Cyber Challenge Recruits Hackers and Geeks Into Government
    by Leila Brillson — Jul 29th 2009 at 9:46AM

Sometimes it's nice to see the government admitting weakness -- and even better when it does something about it. Following President Obama's announcement in May that the U.S. was "not as prepared" as it should be against mass Internet attacks, the Partnership for Public Service has released a study suggesting a need for stronger security on the .gov sites.

The bottom line was articulated by Alan Paller, director of research at the network and security educational center SANS Institute. Paller explained to CNET: "Now we have people (in government) writing policies and reports about security rather than people who can do it. And we're getting killed." So on Monday, federal officials launched the U.S. Cyber challenge, a talent search for 10,000 young Americans who can be "cyber guardians and warriors." The prize: elite regional training, and a secured place at the NSA, FBI, Defense Department, or another high-profile government agency.

Three competitions make up the challenge, and the sponsor, the Center for Strategic & International Studies, pairs up each challenge with an external organization. The Air Force Association is seeking high school students for the CyberPatriot network defense competition, the Defense Cyber Crime Center is conducting the DC3 Digital Forensics Challenge, and SANS is helping out with NetWars, an exercise in vulnerability discovery and exploitation. For interested participants, registration has already begun.

If you ask us, the government's on to something here. Not only do these projects promise to protect our government, but they could also bring young, would-be-hacker computer geniuses over from the dark side. [From: CNET]

http://www.switched.com/2009/07/29/u...to-government/
    Here's the link to the cyber challenge: http://csis.org/uscc

Now this is a great recruitment tool. Hopefully the Gov't is able to reel in the best of the best!

Some of the challenges were sent out in March, but they are due in November. There's still time if you (and you're team) are interested.

Comment

come on Helo let's go, you and I, that makes two of us. we just need 2 more.

Comment

Haha, no joke. I'd only be interested if I could be on a "team" of thinkers. Any other recruits?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11712 users online. 400 members and 11312 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X