300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received mine. Be there on the 20th.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

• congrats to all that got into info sessions. Its the first step to a dream job for many of you im sure!! Unfortunately, I was originally told all seats were filled then received an email few days later saying I was put on the "stand by" list in which i will be contacted if others cancel. I know this may sound like a stupid question but does that mean i was unofficially accepted into a session depending if others cancel? Did any others get that same email?
      EXAM: 7011
      "I HOPE THE TIME IS NOW"

Comment

• If you get no reply either way, does that mean you weren't selected for the info session?

Comment

• Originally posted by JBOSS View Post
          If you get no reply either way, does that mean you weren't selected for the info session?
          My guess is you were not selected. Maybe your email didn't make it to them or they got enough emails to fill the session before yours got to them. I received a reply right after sending my email that I might be selected and that if I didn't get any further emails to wait for another region to open up. On Friday, to my surprise I got a confirmation number to attend. Good luck and hopefully I'm wrong and you get into the session. When I attended the Region 1 session there was a guy attending that said it was the 3rd region that he had applied to and attended the informational session. A recuiter told him that he was lucky and he should play the lottery.
          Region 1 info. session (Philly)-07/21/09
          Region 3 info. session (Birmingham)-08/17/09
          Region 1 Interview (Philly)-10/05/09
          Region 5 info. session (Little Rock)-10/20/09
          Region 1 CO-12/04/09
          Medical Part 1-01/08/10
          Medical Part 2-01/11/10
          Background Meeting-01/10
          Drug Test-01/10
          FIT-02/23/10 (passed)
          FLETC-04/01/10

Comment

• Originally posted by JBOSS View Post
            If you get no reply either way, does that mean you weren't selected for the info session?
            I didn't get anything either JBOSS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bham SA Hopeful View Post
              I didn't get anything either JBOSS.
              I would say you guys didn't get in, but why don't you guys call the Birmingham Office and see if you can get an answer?
              "In valor there is hope"

Comment

• Unfortuantly I didn't get in either. Funny I have 10 years of leo experience but a no go. That is ok it just wasn't meant to be at this time. Good luck to all that made the cut.

Comment

• did any of you guys get put on the standby list?
                  "I HOPE THE TIME IS NOW"

Comment

• How do you know if you're on the standby list?

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                      How do you know if you're on the standby list?
                      Well, i found out because they emailed me last week saying i was put on the standby list, heres what they sent me:

"Thank you for your interest in the U.S Marshals Service FCIP Region 3 Information Sessions. All Atlanta positions are currently full, however your name and information have been added to a “Standby” list for use in the event registered individuals cannot attend. Please continue to monitor www.usmarshals.gov for future FCIP recruiting events"
                      "I HOPE THE TIME IS NOW"

Comment

• I feel like on a lot of forums people with a good amount of LEO experience were not picked, anyone know why that is? Im just curious.

The only thing i put on that email was my time in the military and my tour overseas and i got a seat for the session. I feel like LEO's would be sought after.

Are they really into prior military?

Comment

• Originally posted by hollowpoint40 View Post
                          I feel like on a lot of forums people with a good amount of LEO experience were not picked, anyone know why that is? Im just curious.

The only thing i put on that email was my time in the military and my tour overseas and i got a seat for the session. I feel like LEO's would be sought after.

Are they really into prior military?

Well yes and no. We are required to hire Vets first, which I have no problems with being one.

This new way of hiring which im sure will change again is strictly first come first serve, your resume doesnt come into play until later.
                          Last edited by USCG0123; 08-11-2009, 03:37 PM. Reason: spell check error

Comment

• Originally posted by USCG0123 View Post
                            Well yes and no. We are required to hire Vets first, which I have no problems with being one.

This new way of hiring which im sure will change again is strictly first come first serve, your resume doesnt come into play until later.
                            When you say hire do you mean in general, like they would get offers first?
                            Or they would start the whole process first over a non vet?

Comment

• In general yes we hire vets first as all Fed agencies do. Saying that, its also not that simple there are other hiring authorities that come into play, prior displaced employees etc etc.

But in General 10pt vets get offers faster than non vets

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureNow View Post
                                Well, i found out because they emailed me last week saying i was put on the standby list, heres what they sent me:

"Thank you for your interest in the U.S Marshals Service FCIP Region 3 Information Sessions. All Atlanta positions are currently full, however your name and information have been added to a “Standby” list for use in the event registered individuals cannot attend. Please continue to monitor www.usmarshals.gov for future FCIP recruiting events"
                                Thanks!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12649 users online. 475 members and 12174 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X