Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the invite email for ATL about 9pm last night.

Comment

Got invite for Miami this morning. I cant believe the session is almost 4 hours long. I didnt expect that.

Comment

Four hours if you are lucky, I believe the session I went to was between 5-6.

Comment

Originally posted by State09 View Post
          Four hours if you are lucky, I believe the session I went to was between 5-6.
          Are they physically reviewing your information with you there? Just from searches i always see people say you watch some movies and hear definitions of the job, that takes 4-6 hours? Doesnt matter to me how long it is, just curious.

Comment

At least for mine, all they did was give you information to fill out, which they individually go over just to make sure you filled it out correctly, watch a couple of videos on USMS, then a couple of DUSM's will speak. The part that made it long was that they fingerprinted everyone.

Comment

You also fill out/hand in paper work as well as your resume, transcripts, driving record, as well as any other relevant documents and then take your fingerprints.

The fingerprinting can take a while depending on where you are in line because they take the fingerprints of everyone at the session after everything else is done, or at least they did at the session I went to. I attended in Phoenix and there were a lot of guys who showed up really early and were able to get their prints done before the session started. I thought I was showing up early by getting there about forty minutes before the session was scheduled to start but when I walked in the room it was already more than half full of people who had showed up even earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by hollowpoint40 View Post
                Are they physically reviewing your information with you there? Just from searches i always see people say you watch some movies and hear definitions of the job, that takes 4-6 hours? Doesnt matter to me how long it is, just curious.
                The information session is where you formerly apply for the job. You will fill out a number of forms, and you should also be fingerprinted. They will go over the job description to become a Deputy in great depth. Yes, it will take 4 hours or more to complete all this. Some people may even walk out, because the job may not be for them. Once you leave the session, your file is sent to headquarters. Headquarters will review your file to see if you qualify for a structured interview. Good luck to you in the process!
                There is no hunting like the hunting of man!!!!

Comment

Did anyone get an invite to birmingham yet?

Comment

Originally posted by uscs344 View Post
                    Did anyone get an invite to birmingham yet?
                    I have not heard anything yet. Im hoping to hear something soon. I'll post up as soon as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDPSO View Post
                      The information session is where you formerly apply for the job. You will fill out a number of forms, and you should also be fingerprinted. They will go over the job description to become a Deputy in great depth. Yes, it will take 4 hours or more to complete all this. Some people may even walk out, because the job may not be for them. Once you leave the session, your file is sent to headquarters. Headquarters will review your file to see if you qualify for a structured interview. Good luck to you in the process!
                      Thanks for the response, and congrats on your progress for USMS.

I can honestly say im a little nervous, i have a pretty good military backround but i have never dealt with a Fed/LEO hiring process. I know i will have to answer to things like my college transcripts which to be frank are not that good. I graduated top of all my military schools but in college i did not do so well. I feel like something like that would be a hard question to answer because i dont want it to seem like i cant learn things. I actually love learning but im more hands on.

Happy to get that email though, i know its not always easy.

Comment

I got the invite at 11:06 a.m. for Miami.

How formal is the information session? Suit and tie?

Comment

Let's just put it this way, it's your first impression that you are giving them. How do you want it to be?

A majority of people will be in suit and tie.

Comment

If your confirmation email is the same as everone else's, you would have noticed the part where it explains the dress for the session.

Comment

Just got in for Miami on the 19th.

Making sure on the age restriction. If I am over 37yoa but have had 4.5 years
                              GS-11 step 3 (covered position) I can get exempted correct?

<--goes to check flights from TX to FL

Comment

Originally posted by CQBnightlight View Post
                                Making sure on the age restriction. If I am over 37yoa but have had 4.5 years
                                GS-11 step 3 (covered position) I can get exempted correct?
                                If it's a covered position, you should be exempted yes. Ask someone in HR to be sure though.

Got in for MIA on the 18th YAY!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9181 users online. 312 members and 8869 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X