300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

United States Marshal and Pay Retention

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this has been discussed before I did a search and did not find anything on the subject.

If you are a Career federal employee at the Gs 11 level and get hired under the FCIP with the USMS as a GS 5 or 7 will you receive pay retention? If you do not receive pay retention will you at least be brought in as a step 10 in either grade? Is Deputy 082 position covered under LEAP or do the deputies recieve overtime? Thanks

Comment

No pay retention. Trust me, I fought it for a while. If you are FED LE they will give you a comparable salary on the GS 7 pay scale. If what you make now is higher than a 7-10 you will get 7-10. 082's don;t get LEAP until conversion to 1811.
      Last edited by manstown; 07-31-2009, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
        I have just decided to put in for USMS on this upcoming region 3 session. I know you have to sign a mobility agreement and I don't have a problem with relocation, but do they give preference to those interviewing in these regions to stay in the region? It would make sense to me to hire those applicants in the southeast who test (and live) in the southeast.

Also, is it tough to get the email in to get an interview? I can just imagine the posting close within seconds like a Hanna Montana concert and my email getting kicked back.

If it has been asked/answered I apologize.
        That's the whole purpose of FCIP broken down into Regions. If you get hired on in a certain region you will more than likely go to that region. The reason for FCIP is to recruit people from those areas to keep them there under the notion they are from there and they won't want to leave. But this is the Gov't so anything can happen. But more than likely you will be offered a position in which ever region you processed out of. Just don't bank on the hard to get places. It will more than likely be the hard to fill Districts. If you live in or near those hard to fill areas, then you'll be lucky enough to stay there.......more than likely.

Comment

Not looking forward to it, the pay cut is something like $1200 a month for me, but I want the job.

Just have to tough it out for three years to get my 25% back. Hope I make it!

Comment

I know how you feel bro....why don't you stop by 919 so we can talk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by slinger2424 View Post
              Not looking forward to it, the pay cut is something like $1200 a month for me, but I want the job.

Just have to tough it out for three years to get my 25% back. Hope I make it!
              Gonna be about $1,700 gross for me a month if I can make it as well. Little bit of a lifestyle adjustment for a while.

On a side note does anyone know how the marshal's retirement systems fairs? I believe 20 years of service but I am more concerned about the percentage of your salary you will receive when you retire.
              Last edited by borninblue; 08-01-2009, 10:07 AM.
              "In valor there is hope"

Comment

I'm going to apply too.

Is there any chance if I get offered a position in Region 3 that I could opt to go to Region 1? Or if you get hired in a region that's where you're going?

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                  I'm going to apply too.

Is there any chance if I get offered a position in Region 3 that I could opt to go to Region 1? Or if you get hired in a region that's where you're going?
                  I'm pretty sure the reason they're doing regional hirings is to hire people in specific regions. As it's been mentioned, that's kind of the point of doing the hirings this way. I don't know what would happen in the case of some folks who've applied to multiple regions; but I'm pretty sure you're accepted by a region with a specific slot and location for you. In some of the other marshal threads there's discussion of how long you must be on duty in your region before requesting a transfer to another region.

Short version, if you apply through region 3, you're applying for a job in region 3.
                  Last edited by PeeOwed; 08-01-2009, 09:04 PM. Reason: Got marshaled for marshalling. Wait is marshal a verb? Oh, ----!

Comment

For those who applied for region 3 has anyone got an email saying you made the cut to go to the info session yet or will those be sent out once the announcement ends?

Comment

check out the first post & the PDF link, registration is not until 8/5.

Comment

To piggyback on PeeOwned, after three years at your region you can OPPREF to another region depending on availability.

Comment

So is the email supposed to be sent @ 0900 or 0901??

Comment

Thanks I guess that is what you get for trying to do to many things at one time. Hey at least I have the email already done!

Comment

Anyone know what region Louisiana falls under and when it's supposed to open?

Comment

Originally posted by TXICE View Post
                                Anyone know what region Louisiana falls under and when it's supposed to open?
                                Louisiana has three judicial districts, eastern, middle, and western. It is part of region 5, which (to my knowledge) did not yet have a FCIP announcement posted.

Region 1 D/ME; D/NH;D/VT; N/NY; W/NY; S/NY; E/NY; D/MA; D/CT; D/RI; E/PA; M/PA; W/PA; D/NJ; D/DE

Region 2
                                D/MD; DC/DC; DC/SC; N/WV; S/WV; E/VA; W/VA; D/SC; E/NC; M/NC; W/NC; E/TN; M/TN; W/TN; E/KY; W/KY

Region 3
                                N/GA; M/GA; S/GA; N/FL; M/FL; S/FL; N/AL; M/AL; S/AL; N/MS; S/MS; D/PR; D/VI

Region 4
                                N/OH; S/OH; E/MI; W/MI; N/IN; S/IN; W/WI; E/WI; N/IL; C/IL; S/IL; N/IA; S/IA; E/MO; W/MO

Region 5
                                E/AR; W/AR; W/LA; M/LA; E/LA; E/OK; N/OK; W/OK; E/TX; N/TX

Region 6
                                D/MN; D/ND; D/SD; D/NE; D/KS; D/MT; D/WY; D/CO; D/IS; D/UT

Region 7
                                D/NM; D/AZ; S/CA; W/TX; S/TX

Region 8
                                E/WA; W/WA; D/NV; E/CA; N/CA; D/HI; D/GU; D/AK; D/OR; C/CA

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6489 users online. 256 members and 6233 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X