Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Marshal Region 3

http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/region3_flyer.pdf

Region 3 will be hosting info sessions during the week of August 17 at Miami, Atlanta, and Birmingham. Registration begins 8/5/09.

question regarding attending multiple info sessions

I'm an applicant who is in the background investivation stage of region 2. I am considering applying to region 3 as it is closest to where I grew up, but I do not want to have this effect my status of my current application with region 2. If I were to apply, would I be removed from the region 2 process, or would I be in both simultaneously? Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

yes! thank for the info.
      Young people will change the old wicked ways of the past.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goaliecrasher View Post
        I'm an applicant who is in the background investivation stage of region 2. I am considering applying to region 3 as it is closest to where I grew up, but I do not want to have this effect my status of my current application with region 2. If I were to apply, would I be removed from the region 2 process, or would I be in both simultaneously? Any insight into this matter would be greatly appreciated.
        I am in a couple myself. I called a recruiter and was told that you can be in more than one. It only helps your chances I was told.

Comment

If you are already in the process do you need to attend the initial FCIP cattle call and then go back for the interview and writting again?

Comment

don't tell me you are willing to go from continental nw to se just for the info session. i'm pretty sure you have to be physically present at the info session, not sure if you have to do the fingerprints and paperwork again though.

Comment

Originally posted by dotcomer View Post
              If you are already in the process do you need to attend the initial FCIP cattle call and then go back for the interview and writting again?
              Yes. It's the same process every time. You must attend. I have spent the time and money to travel across the country a couple times already and am looking at another possible trip for Region 3.

Comment

wow you must have racked up quit the bill. between airplane tickets and hotel, probably close to $1,000. unless you do it the el cheapo way like me, just get the airplane ticket and don't bother with the hotel, sleep in the hotel and take public transportation in the morning to the interview site.

Comment

Originally posted by goaliecrasher View Post

I would make a decision only after speaking with an HR rep. But I think you will be considered for both based on other applicants who posted on here. But talk with someone from HR first.

Comment

Would someone possibly have a number to HR?

So I guess you would have to attend the initial spill about the Marshals, but wonder if you have to interview all over again?

Comment

This is good news, I have a question regarding the medical if anyone can help me. How strict are they on vision? I am about -3.00 in each eye and wear contacts. Just wonderin what people get DQ on for vision without Lasik.
                      "In valor there is hope"

Comment

i went to the info sessions in region 2 and then to one in region 1. They stated that i would not have to interview again and that my score from the interview and writing from region 2 would carry over to region 1. Also i did not have to get finger printed again but i did have to fill out the other paper work. Basically what happens is that the locations you put on the "wish list" will be added to the ones from the previous sessions, but you must attend a info session in that region. that is the way the recruiter from philly explained it to me.
                        Last edited by bigdogg1183; 07-29-2009, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I'm assuming that it wouldn't only be just the info session that will take place in the geographic range of Region 3, but all subsequent phases as well, correct? In other words, I spring to make the trip for the info session but then I would also have to continue traveling to the southeast for every following phase?

Comment

Turned 37 last week. The stupid age restriction got me.
                            If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking
                            (General George S Patton, Jr.)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing (Edmund Burke).

A leader is someone who improves the lives of other people or improves the system they live under.
                            (Sam Houston)

Comment

I have just decided to put in for USMS on this upcoming region 3 session. I know you have to sign a mobility agreement and I don't have a problem with relocation, but do they give preference to those interviewing in these regions to stay in the region? It would make sense to me to hire those applicants in the southeast who test (and live) in the southeast.

Also, is it tough to get the email in to get an interview? I can just imagine the posting close within seconds like a Hanna Montana concert and my email getting kicked back.

If it has been asked/answered I apologize.
                              Last edited by SgtScott31; 07-31-2009, 04:06 PM.
                              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12083 users online. 471 members and 11612 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X