Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its difficult to sift through all your BS to find substance or a question and if you want to know if im a LE for the purpose of this forum look at my profile.

Comment

I did, however you mentioned going through 2 Police Academies. No BS here "dude". Profile says student
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

yep still learning, and ive had just about enough of you little lad, so thanks for the advice and good luck to you.

Comment

I'm from the north east and I knew about selective service registration

Dunno how you "signed a contract" either without passing the MEPS physical

Maybe you signed the paperwork to go to MEPS and do the ASVAB and physical, the USMEPCOM Form 680-3A-E (Which I just checked and it does ask for a Selective Service# right on it)

You need certain PUHLES score to be eligible to be slotted in to certain jobs and you wouldn't get a PUHLES without a physical from MEPS, so you couldn't sign a contract without it...

Comment

Perhaps a slightly different set of circumstances for me, but...

I am a Dual-National (British / American) who was born in the U.S.A. but my parents took me over to the U.K. when I was only 2 months old.

I lived over there for more than 40 years, before moving back to the U.S.A. in February 2007. Obviously, I had never heard about Selective Service myself, until I started applying for jobs over here.

I got told that "I should have known" even though I was living in another country, over 4,000 miles away! (which I think is a fairly reasonable excuse)

Lucky for me, it hasn't really effected my career too much.

I just had to avoid the jobs that insisted on S.S. Registration # and on some applications, just put N/A. It's not like I can register now, at the age of 43 years old!

Anyway, that's my story on the Selective Service thing....

Comment

Nikmac isn't a cop, that's for sure. Probably a Security Guard.

FWIW, when I lived in Taunton (down the road from Boston) we had SS information in HS. He's full of excrement.
              Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BritCop in USA View Post
                Perhaps a slightly different set of circumstances for me, but...

I am a Dual-National (British / American) who was born in the U.S.A. but my parents took me over to the U.K. when I was only 2 months old.

I lived over there for more than 40 years, before moving back to the U.S.A. in February 2007. Obviously, I had never heard about Selective Service myself, until I started applying for jobs over here.

I got told that "I should have known" even though I was living in another country, over 4,000 miles away! (which I think is a fairly reasonable excuse)

Lucky for me, it hasn't really effected my career too much.

I just had to avoid the jobs that insisted on S.S. Registration # and on some applications, just put N/A. It's not like I can register now, at the age of 43 years old!

Anyway, that's my story on the Selective Service thing....
                I was in a similar boat, having immigrated to the USA from the UK. It wasn't an issue getting a letter from Selective Service to say that I was exempt from having to be registered. What Force were you with over there?

Comment

Originally posted by tnapp View Post
                  I was in a similar boat, having immigrated to the USA from the UK. It wasn't an issue getting a letter from Selective Service to say that I was exempt from having to be registered. What Force were you with over there?
                  Hi there tnapp,

You are OK because you were "exempt" and got the letter to prove it. No problems for you, my friend.

But with me, I was NOT exempt so never got the letter from them. They said I should have registered and failed to do so. Personally, I find it pretty unreasonable myself, but there you go.

I served in several different Forces over there;

MoD Police
                  Surrey Police
                  Cheshire Police

plus several "other" law enforcement agencies.

You'll have to drop me a P.M. and we'll have a chat about the old days, bla, bla...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11098 users online. 419 members and 10679 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X