Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has he thought about the Border Patrol? They are currently recruiting for the northern border. They have openings in Maine/Vermont if you are looking to be close to the east coast. It is federal so he can "buy in" to their retirement with his 13 years in the military. He might also be able to complete the application process where you currently live.
    BP
    Test- 9/18/08 (El Paso)
    NOR- 9/18/08 (98 no vet)
    PUT ON HOLD B/C OF MILITARY
    Reactivated- 7/8/09 (103 w/vet)
    Fitness/physical- July 2009 (passed)
    Drug test- August 2009 (passed)
    Oral board - October 2009 (passed)
    Stop-lossed and deployed to Iraq
    BI- February 2010 (passed)
    Switched application from northern border to southern border- September 2010
    TSU- Dec 2, 2010

Comment

I have 12 years at my current department and I have thought about going to greener pastures, but I don't think I could give up my service credit (I'm in a city retirement system).
      Funny how a retirement system can be as addicting as crack, sometimes. Mine is the same way.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Get a federal law enforcement job and you can transfer any place with it and the 13 years in the service will count on the back end of his 20 year fed law enforcement job. With the feds you can go every where or stay in one place forever.
        If that's the route you take, make sure you do those extra 7 years in the reserves so you can still collect a military retirement. It won't be as much as having doen all 20 years on active duty and you can't actually collect until you're 60, but you'd still have the medical benefits and everything else (PX, commissary).

I know I'm pounding the crap ouot of a dead horse, but I think "free medical for life" is going to get more and more vital in a society where medical premiums are skyrocketing and people are living longer and longer. Even medical coverage that is of a dubious quality, like military medical.
        "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

Has he checked into getting I&I Duty in Boston if he re-enlists? It's pretty much an office job M-F. That could be a start.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8066 users online. 428 members and 7638 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X