300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFWS Overtime?

Does anyone know if US Fish and Wildlife Service Park Rangers get either LEAP or AUO? Just curious. I found an old announcement and it wasn't clear.

Appreciate the response. The position is "Park Ranger" and it is USFWS and not USFS. I know a lot of things are the same between BLM, USFS, USPS, USFWS etc, but I was wanting to know specifically about USFWS as that is where the position is.

Comment

The only USFWS "park ranger" I found on USAJobs is in WY. Is that the one? Looking at it, it's not a LE position at all, but simply a FWS employee who greets visitors, assumably at a wildlife refuge or some kind of joint agency visitor center. That person will probably work the hours that the center is open, and that's it. No need for OT.

FYI - the only law enforcement positions in FWS are agents and refuge officers. A RO announcement may say "Park Ranger" (or may not), but will also have "refuge officer" listed either in the title or somewhere in the announcement.

OT depends not only on the position (and as I said, I doubt there's much call for a visitor greeter to work OT, though I could be wrong) but also on the refuge and what region it's in. But knowing that DOI - and especially FWS - has not exactly been rolling in dough in the past 8 years or so, I would highly doubt it. Just my guess.
      "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9863 users online. 342 members and 9521 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X