Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody else out their gotten a letter from Hr asking if you want to extend your 2007 application

Comment

• some body sent me this fyi

President Signs Bill to Provide USMS with Significant New Funds for Border Security

On Friday, August 13, 2010, the President signed the Emergency Border Security Supplemental Appropriations Act, which provides $600 million to government agencies to strengthen border security and reduce violence along the Southwest border. The Marshals Service will receive $37.7 million of this funding.

The bill provides the Marshals Service with $29.7 million for salaries and expenses, and $8 million for construction. This funding will enable USMS to deploy more than 20 Deputy U.S. Marshals to support international investigations, including new offices in Mexico to address cross-border investigations and enhance USMS presence at El Paso Intelligence Center (EPIC). This funding will also support 79 new Deputies on the Southwest Border for prisoner and court operations required by the immigration workload.

The act is a strong statement of support by the President and Congress for the Marshals Service’s vital work on the border, and recognition of the key role USMS personnel play in keeping communities safe.

Acting Deputy Attorney General Gary G. Grindler said in an announcement that the funds “are critical to bringing additional capabilities to crack down on transnational criminal organizations and reduce the illicit trafficking of people, drugs, currency and weapons.” The bill is a major boost to DOJ’s current Southwest Border Strategy, which uses federal prosecutor-led task forces that bring together all law enforcement components to identify, disrupt and dismantle the Mexican drug cartels through investigation, prosecution and extradition of their key leaders and facilitators, and seizure and forfeiture of their assets.

Comment

• This will be good in that we'll get money to hire people. The bad side is some of you still waiting who didn't apply for the SWB may be getting offers for the SWB. If you want to get in keep an open-mind. Best job in the world still. And being on the border may suck a bit, but it will be good work down there. A lot of hookin and haulin, but also some good street work thrown in I'm sure.

Comment

• I will gladly go ANYWHERE they feel like sending me. I just wanna be a part of the best, I dont care where that is.

Comment

• So has anyone heard what happens if we get an offer and turn down the initial offer? I have heard plenty of speculation; however, I am not sure if anyone has come forward with an exact answer. I understand the opinions of just get on the bus and find a seat later. However, I have concerns about moving my family to the border if thats the offer.
            Just wondering, I understand the die hard opinions - wanted to see if anyone knows for sure what HR does with the files though... Thanks.

Comment

• If you turn down the offer because you don't want the location, that'll be it. If you have a valid reason for not accepting the offer at that time and they can place you in another class, you may get another offer later on.

Comment

• Like most of ya'll I have completed the entire process and waiting on the call. I injured myself recently which required surgery on my knee. If I get the call now had to decline based upon my surgery, would this require me to reapply or would they allow me to heal and call me back at a a later date? Im hoping I can hold off until February until the call comes, at that point I should be pretty much healed up to participate. Im stressed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
                  If you turn down the offer because you don't want the location, that'll be it. If you have a valid reason for not accepting the offer at that time and they can place you in another class, you may get another offer later on.
                  Thank you sir.

Comment

• I wouldn't just turn it down. see if they'd let you defer. My friend broke his foot they let him defer. He worked at a federal court so it may have been a hook up but man talk to them first before you turn it down.
                    AFOSI
                    Applied 01/08/12

Comment

• Guys, i need help understanding something. maybe you can help me out. I was looking at the FIT chart http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html and it states "You must score Minimum or higher in all sections of the fitness test in order to pass" Suppose i'm 31 years old and i do the run in 11minutes, that would put me at Good. Say i do 50 push ups, that would put me at Excellent. BUT.... Say i do 35 sit ups, that would put me at FAIR. Not minimal but it says MINIMAL OR BETTER. The fair category states, 35-38 as being fair. I'm confused. Did i pass?
                      NYPD
                      Exam: 8314 11/08
                      Got the call: 1/7/11

"Last of the mohicans"

Comment

• Originally posted by njdream View Post
                        Guys, i need help understanding something. maybe you can help me out. I was looking at the FIT chart http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html and it states "You must score Minimum or higher in all sections of the fitness test in order to pass" Suppose i'm 31 years old and i do the run in 11minutes, that would put me at Good. Say i do 50 push ups, that would put me at Excellent. BUT.... Say i do 35 sit ups, that would put me at FAIR. Not minimal but it says MINIMAL OR BETTER. The fair category states, 35-38 as being fair. I'm confused. Did i pass?
                        You need a minimum of 36 sit ups to pass.
                        "I'll be your Huckleberry." - Doc Holiday -

Comment

• Damn!!!! Found us. So quiet in here. Has anyone heard anything? Or are we all still floating around in FCIP limbo?
                          Hope everyones staying in shape saw that some calls have gone out for November and December. So good luck to everyone.

This was posted on another on another thread. Hope we hear something soon.

FY11 class dates
                          November 18
                          December 2
                          February 10
                          April 17
                          May 25
                          June 9
                          August 11

Darc
                          "The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end." Genghis Khan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12633 users online. 477 members and 12156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X