Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which LE Job makes the most pay and is not boring?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which LE Job makes the most pay and is not boring?

I kind of want to do LE for a career however I don't want to make ****ty pay and be bored pushing papers. What career is there for me?

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
    A major part of police work at any level is paperwork.

If you want to run/gun I strongly suggest a local, city, or state position.

From one of your previous post you stated you are 18. I also very strongly suggest joining the military, get college degree, and gain some maturity.

At 18/19 you should be happy with any job at any pay. Enjoy being young, travel, date good looking girls, etc. Your pay will directly be linked to what YOU bring to the table and the skills that make you a good candidate. The better paying gigs will have the best competition, so if you don't have degree, military, previous LE, etc...you are SOL.
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by claymoreman View Post
      I kind of want to do LE for a career however I don't want to make ****ty pay and be bored pushing papers. What career is there for me?
      No such thing. You watch too much tv. The job is 95% boredom and pushing papers.

If you want to be a commando, join the Marines.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Mine, USBP but I suggest school or military for you so when you get a good job you know it and not waste it. Good Luck.

Comment

USBP by far. Most action you'll see in any LE job.

Comment

lol.... paper is a large part of the job. I also think youve watched too much max payne. join the army
            Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
              lol.... paper is a large part of the job. I also think youve watched too much max payne. join the army
              WAIT A MINUTE! I thought Max Payne was EXACTLY what I'd be doing as a LEO!?!?

Why join the Army? When I was in Iraq all we did was play with puppies and hand out cotton candy

Comment

Originally posted by claymoreman View Post
                MI6 is a nice place to work. You can drive all the fancy cars and bang all the nice women like "James Bond". Grow up you moron.

Comment

Originally posted by jhmc6922 View Post
                  MI6 is a nice place to work. You can drive all the fancy cars and bang all the nice women like "James Bond". Grow up you moron.
                  It's only nice if your idiot wife doesn't out you on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by PL07 View Post
                    USBP by far. Most action you'll see in any LE job.
                    I disagree. I have worked many of hoods and there was always something to do. Of course, this was followed by quite a bit of paperwork.

OP, Join the military and go from there.
                    Better to fight for something than live for nothing.

-Patton

Comment

I hear that CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) is looking to hire some people. Don't know what it pays but that guy Jack Bauer is always on the go....and I never see him do a lot of paperwork.
                      "Thats a pretty cool sidearm you got there....What is it?"
                      "I don't know what its called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a mans life"

Comment

Originally posted by ifineed2 View Post
                        It's only nice if your idiot wife doesn't out you on Facebook
                        You too huh?

Comment

Hey maybe if your lucky you can steal some drugs from the evidence locker.

Comment

Forget Law Enforcement The BIG money and action is in PI work and Bail Bond work! Prestige, BIG bucks and maybe a TV show! Plus no boring reports to fill out!
                            "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Forget Law Enforcement The BIG money and action is in PI work and Bail Bond work! Prestige, BIG bucks and maybe a TV show!
                              Only if your wife goes about 3 bills .

Kids watch way too much TV these days.
                              "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9283 users online. 392 members and 8891 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X