Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is written near the top of my confirmation email. It states "Please attend dressed in appropriate business attire".

Comment

• Originally posted by juststartedthis View Post
      What is the dress attire for the information sessions. Obviously not jeans and a t-shirt; but is a suit over the top?
      I wore a suit to the info session in Houston. The DUSMs pointed out that it wasn't necessary to wear a suit. The majority of people had on suits but the entire spectrum of attire was seen there. If I was going again I would wear khakis and a polo shirt. It's nice to make a good first impression but a suit was really unnecessary.

Comment

• no word from philly yet - looks like I missed the boat on this go round, good luck guys in the process!!

Comment

• Well I was away on a weekend vac. with the girl but I final got my email for Boston, going July 24th 8am-1pm, thank god I got it. Now its time to continue to wait and wait and wait and wait before any job offer comes. Step 1 down.

Comment

• havent heard from philly either...has anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by NO NATS View Post
              havent heard from philly either...has anyone?
              Yep several people on here have. It seems to only be people who submitted the e-mail within the first few minutes of the registration period. My guess is that there may be a few more people added if/when they get some cancellations, but thats just a guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by juststartedthis View Post
                What is the dress attire for the information sessions. Obviously not jeans and a t-shirt; but is a suit over the top?
                I decided to wear what the local recruiter told me too. Khacki's and a nice polo shirt. I was the only person there dressed in that attire. Other, than the one guy who wore MC Hammer pants and decided not to shave. Everybody else wore suits. It did not disqualify me because I passed the interview and I am hoping to recieve a TO in mid-august. I am just playing the waiting game like many others. I am in FCIP Region 6, as long as you don't wear MC Hammer pants I think you will be alright.
                Information Session: May 2009
                Interview: Jun 2009
                Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

• Anyone have any idea how many they are looking to hire?

Comment

• Ryno2 how did you obtain your driving record? I'm really stump since NJ only allows a record of 5 years.

Comment

• It says record or knowledge of, so if you have a clean record then you don't necessarily need a copy of your driving record. Since you have 5 years already, if you know the remaining two years prior to that, you should be fine.

Comment

• thanks 500

Comment

• I still think I'm going to wear a suit, just in case.
                          Last edited by shortcop; 07-14-2009, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortcop View Post
                            I still think I'm going to wear a suit, just in case.
                            I think you should. You can never go wrong by wearing a suit. Furthermore, I don't understand why others are so worried about putting on a suit. Whenever you officially become a Deputy U.S. Marshal, you would have to wear suit in court. In the Region 2 info session, the recruiter stated that they will evaluate everything, include how you are dressed at the info session.

So when in doubt, dress it out
                            Last edited by Quick2352; 07-14-2009, 06:24 PM.
                            USMS
                            Info Session: 3/26/2009
                            Interview: 6/1/09
                            Conditional Offer: 7/2/09
                            Sumbitted e-qip: 7/9/09
                            Medical Exam: 7/14/09
                            Background Interview: 7/29/09
                            Drug Screening: 7/29/09
                            FIT Test: 1/6/10 (Passed)
                            FLETC: 6/9/10

Comment

• What does it mean on the ICE IA position that I have a Rating of 96? Also it says that they did not collect my veterans preference. Should I call them about it?
                              Information Session: May 2009
                              Interview: Jun 2009
                              Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                              BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                              Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                              FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quick2352 View Post
                                In the Region 2 info session, the recruiter stated that they will evaluate everything, include how you are dressed at the info session.
                                If there will be 70-100 attendees at each session, unless they personally sign each and every attendee in, how will they know who is who?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10492 users online. 390 members and 10102 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X