Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i been keeping an eye on the region 2 posting and it seems that guys with a ton of military or law enforcement experience are getting their denial letters...now i am a bit anxious
    "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

• I haven't heard anything from Philly either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
        I haven't heard anything from Philly either.

Me neither. My guess is that if you haven't heard anything by now, you won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
          i been keeping an eye on the region 2 posting and it seems that guys with a ton of military or law enforcement experience are getting their denial letters...now i am a bit anxious
          Tiger, I saw that as well. But if you notice, there are several people who received conditional offers who don't have LE or military experience at all, which makes me think that either A) It is possible to be TOO qualified for the job and or B) there was another reason why those people were disqualified. When I say too qualified, btw, I don't mean that they are literally too qualified, but rather the marshals want someone a little green that they can mold into what they want them to be? I know that sounds silly but I'm grasping at straws here trying to figure out why they wouldn't want someone with 15 years of law enforcement experience?

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
            Code21, July 21 for me. you driving up?
            Yes sir! lol should be about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

I also agree with shortcop because I only have a Bachelors and a few months of full time work exp. No LE and no military.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortcop View Post
              Tiger, I saw that as well. But if you notice, there are several people who received conditional offers who don't have LE or military experience at all, which makes me think that either A) It is possible to be TOO qualified for the job and or B) there was another reason why those people were disqualified. When I say too qualified, btw, I don't mean that they are literally too qualified, but rather the marshals want someone a little green that they can mold into what they want them to be? I know that sounds silly but I'm grasping at straws here trying to figure out why they wouldn't want someone with 15 years of law enforcement experience?
              At my information session, they mentioned that the desirable applicant would be from the local commuting area to help alleviate retention in the districts that were hiring (mainly D.C. Superior Court). They mentioned that a lot of deputies who were originally not from the area, were putting in for transfers after there three years, thus making the manpower low in the district they were hired in. This could be the reason why some applicants with many years of L.E.O. experience were bumped from region 2. I know at my information session in D.C., there were people from California, Texas, Nevada, you name it! Just my .02!
              There is no hunting like the hunting of man!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FEDPSO View Post
                At my information session, they mentioned that the desirable applicant would be from the local commuting area to help alleviate retention in the districts that were hiring (mainly D.C. Superior Court). They mentioned that a lot of deputies who were originally not from the area, were putting in for transfers after there three years, thus making the manpower low in the district they were hired in. This could be the reason why some applicants with many years of L.E.O. experience were bumped from region 2. I know at my information session in D.C., there were people from California, Texas, Nevada, you name it! Just my .02!
                AAAaah well there you have it, I think. It makes sense because if they are recruiting for this area, then they are going to want people to STAY in this area. Good looking out FEDPSO!

Comment

• Does anyone know how they do the sit and reach?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cman21 View Post
                    Does anyone know how they do the sit and reach?
                    Yep.....you sit and then you reach! They have a box you put your feet up against with a sudo shoe measure on top of the box. Take your finger tips, push the little sliding gizmo, with your legs completely straight, and see how far you can push it. There you have it.....sit and reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
                      Yep.....you sit and then you reach! They have a box you put your feet up against with a sudo shoe measure on top of the box. Take your finger tips, push the little sliding gizmo, with your legs completely straight, and see how far you can push it. There you have it.....sit and reach.
                      Thanks manstown. So I guess the only way to get a good score here is to stretch out trying to touch as far past your toes as possible, or to have really long arms. On your site (U.S. Marshals) for my age group it has 19.5-21.9 as being excellent so I just wondered if I could check now to see what I could do. Thanks.

Comment

• I am terrible at the sit and reach . . . I haven't done it in over three years and I cant imagine that I have become more flexible.

One more year and I am 30 and the standards I have to comply with go down. Not like I am looking forward to being 30, but the lower standards on the physical fitness test would be nice.

Comment

• Current FED Question

If you're a current Fed Leo in a position (non GS scale) that pays higher than starting GS5/7 will the USMS match salary up to a certain level or am I SOL.

and

Assuming you start (as you will) at 0082 minus the leap what is the time frame to convert to 1811 and what is the salary progression once you reach that point. I've gotten sooo many different answers to these questions in the last few weeks, I'd really appreciate an answer from someone in the know.

Thanks in advance everyone and good luck to all who applied.

Comment

• What is the dress attire for the information sessions. Obviously not jeans and a t-shirt; but is a suit over the top?
                            ICE SA
                            FLETC - MAY 10th Class

Comment

• The flyer and confirmation email both state business attire.

Comment

• Originally posted by 500pearl View Post
                                The flyer and confirmation email both state business attire.
                                Could you indicate where it says to wear Business Attire on the flyer? I can't find any reference about what to wear.
                                http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/re...lyer070209.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8432 users online. 227 members and 8205 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X