Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PPDSWD View Post
    I am still waiting to hear from Philly.
    Same here. I have have a B.A., 2 yrs experience as a County Probation Officer, 4 1/2 years as a Police Officer

Comment

I heard that USMS may soon be going to a salary schedule on par with the rest of the 1811 jobs (1 pay grade a year). Anybody know if that is close to happening or no?

Comment

same here also - no word from philly but i didnt get the email out until around 10 am

Comment

500pearl

Just curious when did you send the email right away at 9am? Also what is your background, just curious if you are similar to me or have more credentials, etc....? Just wondering why I have heard nothing so far, and if I will get an email to attend. I thought a BA degree and 3 years as a police officer would be good enough to at least be allowed to attend the session in Boston.

Thanks

Anyone else who has been accepted for Boston feel free to give your backgrounds if you got an email stating for you to attend. Just curious and anxious as to why I have heard nothing yet.

Thanks

Comment

Hey guys..

I sent my email at 0859 on wednesday...i was like damn when i saw the time stamp on my email...0859...a minute before 9am...i thought i was going to be elimininated. but i got a confirmation from the philly office at 1230 hours the same day. my session is wednesday 22july2009 from 1300-1700 hours. Thank God I am off that day and its only a few hours from Baltimore City. Anyone else from Baltimore going to that session date? Looking for some carpoolers. Hit me up. Good lucks guys. Also are they conducting background checks and oral interviews on this day or is this a straight up info session on how to apply? Thanks
            "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

Sent my email at 0900 and got an email back at about 1600 EST. I got to philly the 21st from 1730 to 2130.

Does anyone know if marshals get leap or auo before you receive you 1811 or is it just straight base pay? Is ot available?

Comment

Originally posted by pa1982 View Post
                Sent my email at 0900 and got an email back at about 1600 EST. I got to philly the 21st from 1730 to 2130.

Does anyone know if marshals get leap or auo before you receive you 1811 or is it just straight base pay? Is ot available?
                Unless something has changed recently, no LEAP pay until 1811. I'm confused though, as to when you reach 1811 status. It says after 3 years but i'm not sure if its 3 years with the Marshals or 3 years at GS-9 level. If thats the case then its really 4 or 5 years until you will be considered 1811! Also, by the time we (hopefully) get on with them, chances are the salary schedule will have changed. The promotion potential is supposed to be raised to GS-13 with one paygrade increase per year like other 1811's. I guess all of this will be answered at the info session.

Comment

Pay

It is straight pay, with OT when available (varies by district), until you reach 1811 at the three year mark. However, the steps should be eliminated soon. So it should be 5,7,9,11,12 respectively. We do not have our 13's at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerWoody View Post
                    Hey guys..

I sent my email at 0859 on wednesday...i was like damn when i saw the time stamp on my email...0859...a minute before 9am...i thought i was going to be elimininated. but i got a confirmation from the philly office at 1230 hours the same day. my session is wednesday 22july2009 from 1300-1700 hours. Thank God I am off that day and its only a few hours from Baltimore City. Anyone else from Baltimore going to that session date? Looking for some carpoolers. Hit me up. Good lucks guys. Also are they conducting background checks and oral interviews on this day or is this a straight up info session on how to apply? Thanks
                    I believe it is an info session (where you bring your resume, transcripts, sf50, dd214 and driving history. The formal interview seems to occur two months after the info session, judging from other threads. After the interview, you could get a TO, then your background is conducted.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMS08610083 View Post
                      It is straight pay, with OT when available (varies by district), until you reach 1811 at the three year mark. However, the steps should be eliminated soon. So it should be 5,7,9,11,12 respectively. We do not have our 13's at this time.

It is odd as a US Marshal that you have to wait three years to get your 1811. It would be nice to start as one right off the bat.

I am in the process for ICE Special Agent and their salary schedule goes: 5-7-9-11-12-13. You start off as an 1811 right away, therefore you get LEAP.

It also seems like once you get your 11 with the Marshals that it takes a couple of years to get your 12 (it is not non competitive).

Comment

• Originally posted by tdparmel View Post
                        It is odd as a US Marshal that you have to wait three years to get your 1811. It would be nice to start as one right off the bat.

I am in the process for ICE Special Agent and their salary schedule goes: 5-7-9-11-12-13. You start off as an 1811 right away, therefore you get LEAP.

It also seems like once you get your 11 with the Marshals that it takes a couple of years to get your 12 (it is not non competitive).
                        It looks odd, but if you look at the missions of the Marshals and realize that the bulk, if not all, of their initial career work is court/judicial security/protective details, it's pretty clear that the duties are in line with the 0082 job description. Later, the more 'advanced' missions for which Marshals may be detailed later on (fugitive apprehension and custody of criminal assets, etc.) evolve the job into something more like (though if you think about it, not completely like) those of the 1811 job series.

In the FCIP announcements, there's discussion of "eligibility" for 1811 series, does that mean some/many Marshals (say those, who really want to stick with court security, court-related protective details, rather than go manhunter) remain in the 0082 series?
                        Last edited by PeeOwed; 07-10-2009, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Thanks USMS.

Comment

• Just got into the Boston session 4 July 24 from 8am to 1pm. I really thought I didn't have a chance after reading these posts since I sent my email at 10:00am. Guess there was enough room. Anyone else in this info session?

Comment

• Code21, July 21 for me. you driving up?

Comment

• I still haven't heard anything from Boston. I might have emailed too late or they haven't got to it yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11468 users online. 418 members and 11050 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X