300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JJ2009 View Post
    just had my medical part I, uncorrected vision is 20/200, guess this is going to be a deal breaker. (
    This isn't a deal breaker man. Check the medical requirements on the webpage.
    http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/qu...s_medical.html

Comment

• thanks jollypooh, for reason I thought 20/100 is the minimum. thanks again.

Comment

• Originally posted by jollypooh View Post
        This isn't a deal breaker man. Check the medical requirements on the webpage.
        http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/qu...s_medical.html
        JJ,

Their you go, buddy. You JUST made it You're now on your way buddy, 20/200 uncorrected is fine!!!!

1st Force Reconnaissance
        Marine Scout Sniper

Comment

• Originally posted by 1stForceRecon View Post
          JJ,

I too had my Medical Part I today in Newark, NJ. Everything came out well for Medical Part I, HOWEVER, I won't lie and admit I had a hell of a time with that damn breathing thru a machine test, LoL. That was the weirdest feeling I've ever experienced, LoL.

Don't sweat the vision, I'm sure their are ways around it for you. Did the nurse tell you what you can do? I suggest going to your primary physician and seeing what he/she suggest.

1st Force Reconnaissance
          Marine Scout Sniper
          I hated that damn test, it was like dry-heaving through a toilet paper roll. The nurse at my physical told me that you had to practice at the test, I was like I DON'T think so, I will take the markdown on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by lschremp View Post
            I hated that damn test, it was like dry-heaving through a toilet paper roll. The nurse at my physical told me that you had to practice at the test, I was like I DON'T think so, I will take the markdown on that one.
            Good to know I wasn't the only one who had difficulty with that! I guess that isnt necessarily a bad thing...

So just curious, does anyone know if there were any non-military guys that got "the call" so far?

Comment

JJ,

Their you go, buddy. You JUST made it You're now on your way buddy, 20/200 uncorrected is fine!!!!

1st Force Reconnaissance
              Marine Scout Sniper
              thanks buddy! good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Since the subject of vision came up, I just wanted to put down some information that I have not seen anywhere else. In regards to having laser eye surgery done, there are different waiting periods for completing the medical after having the surgery done, the waiting period is based on the type of laser eye surgery surgery. LASIK is 3 months after the date of the surgery, PRK and ALK are 6 months and RK is a 1 year wait. Figured I would post this in case anyone has any questions on it.

JJ2009, congrats on squeaking by on the vision, close call man! Good luck!

Comment

• Just got a call from the BI working my case and we're meeting up tomorrow. It's good to feel like I'm part of the process again!

Comment

• Originally posted by lschremp View Post
                    Ischremp,

LoL. Their is no practice needed for that test. Their is a trick to blowing in the plastic tube. I've met people who can run for days at a 5 minute pace and couldn't blow in the thing and vice versa (slower runners who always seem to blow a lot of air in the thing); however, as I stated earlier, their is of course a trick to blowing a great deal of air into the thing.
                    Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• I took my fit test this morning. 49 push ups, 49 situps, and 10:46 1.5 run. I was thrilled with the run time being that im weighing in at 250.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDal View Post
                        I took my fit test this morning. 49 push ups, 49 situps, and 10:46 1.5 run. I was thrilled with the run time being that im weighing in at 250.
                        BigDal,

Congratulations, my friend. That is amazing!!! Well, you're pretty much in there now. All that is left is waiting for the call, brother. Hold your head up high. You didn't think you could do so well on the run from previous postings, but you showed what determination can accomplish!!!!
                        Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Has anybody from region 1 taken the drug test yet? I met with the BI earlier this week and have the medical done. I was just wondering if they call you or email you the drug test information.
                          Region 1 info. session (Philly)-07/21/09
                          Region 3 info. session (Birmingham)-08/17/09
                          Region 1 Interview (Philly)-10/05/09
                          Region 5 info. session (Little Rock)-10/20/09
                          Region 1 CO-12/04/09
                          Medical Part 1-01/08/10
                          Medical Part 2-01/11/10
                          Background Meeting-01/10
                          Drug Test-01/10
                          FIT-02/23/10 (passed)
                          FLETC-04/01/10

Comment

BigDal,

Congratulations, my friend. That is amazing!!! Well, you're pretty much in there now. All that is left is waiting for the call, brother. Hold your head up high. You didn't think you could do so well on the run from previous postings, but you showed what determination can accomplish!!!!

1st Force Reconnaissance
                            Marine Scout Sniper
                            Thanks man. Im glad that everything that was in my control is over. Now its out of my hands and all i have to do is wait. im still coughing from that damn run.

Comment

• Mr. Smith,
                              Your ears must have been ringing. I have not heard a word about the drug test.

BigDal, good work on that fit test, did you take the drug test already?

Comment

• Thanks man. No I have not taken the drug test yet. I was gonna give it a week and then start making phone calls.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17443 users online. 463 members and 16980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X