300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleted Post
    Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Office Preference

Does any body know how to change their office preference? I know I put 3 down during the info session but would like to change my number one to a different location.thanks

Comment

• Deleted Post
        Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by napman20 View Post
          Its going to be a tough call...

If we started with Leap or were non competitive to GS13 then it would be a no brainer as far as pay is concerned.

But like any job I guess you got to put your grunt work in. I am in no way bashing the marshals. I am just trying to make the best choice for myself.
          Napman,

I think you are only debating what is of course the obvious. Your mind and heart has to be in the right place to be happy. After all, going to any new department is a big step, so your hesitation is only normal. As for the pay, if you want to make 60k your first year at the Marshals, I'm sure their will be more than enough OT to go around (especially if you're in an area like NYC).
          Last edited by 1stForceRecon; 01-27-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• As far as non-competitive 13's are concerned, we are still working on it.

Just to add my 2 cents in regards to the type of work you will do is that it varies greatly by office. There is no magic number like you hit your 3 year mark and work nothing but fugitives. It could be 3, it could be 6, it could be never. Like others have said there are no guarantees. However, if you do make it to full time enforcement, there is no other LE job like it in my opinion.

In the end, you have to do what is right for you and your family. In the meantime, like other advice that I have seen on this board, just live your life like there is no offer on the table and when it does come you can make your decision.

Good luck to those of you in the process.

Comment

• I'm now done with medical part 1 and 2 with no problems. I meet with the BI tommorow. Things are moving faster than I expected.
              Region 1 info. session (Philly)-07/21/09
              Region 3 info. session (Birmingham)-08/17/09
              Region 1 Interview (Philly)-10/05/09
              Region 5 info. session (Little Rock)-10/20/09
              Region 1 CO-12/04/09
              Medical Part 1-01/08/10
              Medical Part 2-01/11/10
              Background Meeting-01/10
              Drug Test-01/10
              FIT-02/23/10 (passed)
              FLETC-04/01/10

Comment

• Hey guys, I’m new to this forum. I have gone through my interview with my BI but he hasn’t contacted any of my contacts. I was wondering how long after the meeting did they contact everyone.
                Also is there anyone in the Boston area that is looking to do some outside training?

Comment

• I didn't want to say anything until I heard for sure, but the 13 classes USMS was suppose to do this year has been dropped to 7 total. I was just told that this is happening.

Comment

• Hello all. I'm new here. I just wanted to know what everyone wore to their medical exam. The person said I didn't have to wear a suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by manstown View Post
                      I didn't want to say anything until I heard for sure, but the 13 classes USMS was suppose to do this year has been dropped to 7 total. I was just told that this is happening.
                      Manstown,

Thanks for the update even though that is the last thing any of us wants to hear. I doubt you, or even HQ for that matter knows many of the details but when/if you do find out I would love to know which classes will be dropped. Also, do you think they will push forward with getting the rest of the regions through the process or do you foresee a slow down? I mean, seven is still quite a few but once you subtract the three that have already started we are only left with four....

Comment

• Don't know the reasons. Didn't ask why, only if it were true. Not sure how the Regions will be done. Who will go, who won't.

Comment

• Buzzkill. that really sucks.

Comment

I didn't want to say anything until I heard for sure, but the 13 classes USMS was suppose to do this year has been dropped to 7 total. I was just told that this is happening.
                            "shot through the heart and Manstowns to blame. You give FLETC a bad name!" LOL JK Well I guess atleast I took the FIT Test. That is rough!!!! Thanks for the info Manstown! have a good one!
                            Information Session: May 2009
                            Interview: Jun 2009
                            Medical Cleared: Dec 2009
                            BI Cleared: Jan 2010
                            Fit: Passed: Jan 2010/Jun 2010
                            FLETC: 07/29/2010

"I can hear you. The rest of the world hears you. And the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon."

President Bush, Sept. 14, 2001, addressing police, firefighters and rescue workers at Ground Zero.

Comment

Manstown,

So, with 2 (or 3?) classes already started, does that leave only 5 for the remainder of the FY?

thanks for the intel...
                              10/23/2009: Medical - Part 1
                              10/26/2009: Medical - Part 2
                              12/14/2009: Drug Test
                              01/04/2010: FIT Test (52 PU, 48 SU, 9:58 1.5 MR
                              01/11/2010: BI Complete
                              02/17/2010: FLETC Date

Comment

• I was told 7 instead of 13. Who knows what's going to happen? Still a good amount of classes either way you look at it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9276 users online. 267 members and 9009 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X